Saturday, September 11, 2010

Happy Saturday

I really like to blog when I have something on my mind; but it would appear that I really lack in creativity when it comes to creating a title for the entry.  I figure the H4H - Day whatever has to be boring the crap out of everyone.  I also figure that reading whatever I eat may be boring the crap out of some. But, there also might be at least one person out there who appreciates me writing this down; other than me that is.

Today is Saturday, 9/11 and of course its a day that has become a day no American will ever forget. On this day we remember the tragedy that struck and take a moment of silence for those that were taken on that day as well as their families.  It seems hard to believe its been 9 years already.  I remember where I was at that moment.  I suppose its much like my grandparents remember where they were during the attacks on Pearl Harbor or my mom remembering where she was when Kennedy was shot.  Sad things happen and it is unfortunate. I just hope that our country can grow and learn.  To those affected by times of sadness - I wish you peace and comfort.

I have had a great day so far spending time with my family and my kids' guy friends.  We've been playing a game they call Freeze, which is basically acting out different scenes.  The one sitting out decides when to call "freeze" then they jump in and take the place of someone and chooses how the skit will continue.  It was the first time I played and it was really quite fun. 

Food wise, I'm doing fine.  I have had some treats, but really very limited amounts - not even full servings sizes.  If there's one thing that is certainly different about me its that I'm very conscious of what I'm putting in my mouth.  I'm also exercising!

This week on Wednesday, I walked 2.3 miles in approx. 45 minutes.  On Thursday, I went for a bike ride. I was shooting for 10 miles, but darkness creeped up on me rather quickly and I only did 7.  Today has been raining and the only exercise I've done is walking around the store and playing with the kids.  It's movement. 

I'm about to enjoy dinner - homemade lasagne made by my husband. He's the cook of the family.  I'll have a small piece and possibly a very small sliver of garlic bread.  On the side, some saute`d red bell peppers and mushrooms.  Sounds like a lot so I'm not sure how much I'll get through; especially being pasta.  I can't eat too much of that without feeling extremely and sometimes overly full.

The other day I battled the chocolate demon as I called it.  That day I won.  Today, I wasn't craving anything chocolate but I chose to eat about 5 or 6 peanut M&M's.  The difference between today and the other day...I felt way more in control today.  The other day had I given in, I'm quite certain I would've gone overboard. 

I'm so grateful I'm finally feeling in control of my eating and my exercise. 

I hope your weekend is going well. 

♥ Dottie

P.S. I've decided to create a separate page for the Food Diary.

No comments: