Sunday, September 12, 2010

Beautiful Day!

Today was an absolutely perfect day.  The weather was picture perfect..I was so grateful.

I started the day by doing some Wii Fit Plus activities – about 1/2 hour worth.  Boy did some of those yoga moves hurt!  I did my best though. I got rather excited when my scoring indicated “Yoga Trainer” on a couple of activities and “Body Builder” on another.  I got a good little chuckle out of that. The last time I used the Wii was late July and I’ve lost just over 10 lbs since (according to the Wii).  I’m happy with that.

Another excellent thing happened today.  I went for my very first motorcycle ride…well in at least 20 years anyway.  I’ve always been too heavy and too scared.  Today, I went out and I’m not going to say I wasn’t nervous at first, but I have to admit it was pretty cool.  My husband was excited too.  He even said we could do a Fall color tour on the bike.  Not sure I’m ready for such a long ride like that yet. I was a little sore after the ride, perhaps because I was a bit tense at first.  But it was incredible to see nature and things from a different view.   Like I said already, the weather was perfect.

I weighed in this morning and was 173 lbs. That’s down 1.5 pounds this past week. I’ll take it!

Another week of work starts tomorrow. I can’t believe the weekend is nearly done already.  But it was a great weekend – I can’t complain.

You know, I’ve gone through quite a bit in my weight loss journey; but I’ve have to say that I believe – in the words of Miley Cyrus – Life is what you make it!

♥ Dottie

No comments: