Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hot for Halloween - Day 17

Hello friends. I hope this finds you all doing well in your journeys. Today was another fine day. The weather has actually cooled off...definitely not as humid and we've been able to open up the windows and enjoy some fresh air. With all the humidity we'd been having, air conditioning was a must. Today it was in the upper 70's and this evening, I'm guessing it's in the 50's. I was actually a bit chilly. I've noticed with all the weight that I've lost so far, I'm a lot more sensitive to the temperature. I actually get chilly now. Before at nearly 400 lbs., I was my own jacket, blanket, etc. I went all winter last year wearing simply a sweater in place of a jacket. I didn't have one that fit and didn't go out much anyway. This year will be different. I'll need to buy a jacket for sure.


My food today was fine as well. I did have a little treat (1 chocolate chip cookie). I think we need to allow ourselves a treat now and then. I only had one cookie, it tasted good and that was that. I don't feel guilty or anything.

FOOD FOR THE DAY:

Breakfast - Scrambled eggs with chopped ham, scallions, mushrooms, and swiss cheese...topped with a little fresh salsa. 1 Slice Bacon

Snack - 1 Chocolate Chip Cookie

Lunch - 1/2 (5") wrap made with a tomato flavored tortilla, deli turkey, roasted vegetables, 1 slice smoked gouda and a bit of pesto mayo.

Snack - 2 dill pickle spears
After Work Snack - 1 String Cheese

Dinner - 2 oz. Jennie-O Roast Turkey Breast and 2 tbsp mash potatoes topped with gravy from the Turkey.

Snack - Icee (Frozen lemonade)

EXERCISE:
I went for my bike ride! Today I rode 8.4 miles which is an improvement from my last ride which was 7 miles. There were parts of the ride that were quite tough for me...it's amazing how those small little hills you drive over with a car suddenly seem so huge on a bicycle. I completed the ride in just over an hour! I'm getting closer and closer to my goal of riding 10 miles by the end of September. I try to up the distance with each ride. I really feel good about my accomplishments thus far!

Make it a good day. Keep on keepin' on,

♥ Dottie

1 comment:

My Big Fat Super Super Obese Blog said...

Hey girlie!!! Thanks so much for coming back to my blog and posting :) I had the VSG as well and yes, it is coming off slower than I expected, but I'm very happy with things so far. You have done amazingly well! I can't wait to be in your shoes, you look absolutely fantastic :) Please keep blogging, I'd love to see where I'm headed ;)