Thursday, June 3, 2010

Phatloss Weightloss Contest

I've decided to enter a weightloss contest being hosted by a YouTube friend joshuad1000. The contest start date was June 1 and goes for 90 days. I'm actually a little excited.

I'm starting the contest at 295.5 lbs. Ugh! But I can't complain because this time last year, I was around 380. Doing much better there. Each week he is going to put up a theme and possibly a challenge. This week's theme is "Get Up". In other words, if I find myself being lazy sitting around - get up and do something. I'm doing better at moving more. I sit the most at work, but that's because it's the type of job I have.

In addition to that contest, my employer is doing a 6 week long walking challenge that I am a part of. I'm actually a captain to a team of 9. This week's goal is to get 4000 steps per day in. It doesn't have to be just walking either. There's an activity equivalent sheet to 'convert' your activity minutes into steps. Pretty cool. Each week, the goal increases. So far, I'm doing pretty well.

Today, I'm really tired. I'm also getting blood work done this afternoon so I'm doing a 12 hour fast. Kinda stinks because I'm thinking a little food would help give me some energy. I have to wait until after 4 though.

Well...gotta go for now. Take care and enjoy the day!

♥ Dottie

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dottie, I'm so happy for you! You are doing so well, and your blog is very inspiring to me. I have lost 40 lbs, but have been in a holding pattern for months now. I am afraid I am going to start to gain if I don't get back on track.

Reading blogs like yours really helps me, so thanks!