Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hot for Halloween - A Challenge

One of the purposes of this blog will be to record my progress in this challenge that I've entered. It's the Hot for Halloween 2 challenge that I entered via You Tube! Here's the announcement video (in case you are curious as to what it is). Although it's too late to enter, you're welcome to cheer everyone on.

My specific goals for the challenge were to lose 25-30 pounds and be comfortable enough with myself to actually dress up for Halloween this year. I haven't dressed up since I was a kid. I'd like to this year. While I don't have any plans for Halloween...I could still dress up! My plan of attack to meet these goals: eat right and exercise. Sounds simple.

The challenge officially began August 1. So, we are currently in our 2nd week. I've been placed on Team 1, with the requirement to post an update video between Sunday and Wednesday. My starting weight for the challenge was 286 lbs. On August 7 (the first update), I was 283.5. I lost 2.5 pounds the first week! Awesome! I exercised 7 out of 7 days that week and I was even on vacation from work - YES!!

With this blog I intend to record my food and my exercise for the duration of the challenge (through Oct. 31).

Follow along for my trip to fitness!

No comments: