Sunday, February 15, 2009

This Sucks!

I'm about to start week 4 of this program and normally I do well. I've been doing well, but I tell you right now I'm craving some real food! The eggs cooking this morning smelled so good. The grilled cheese sandwich my daughter just made for her lunch smelled so good! I am feeling particularly weak at the moment. I gotta get over this. I think in my head that maybe I should just have a little of something real so that the craving will go away because if I don't, the fear is that I'll over indulge and get myself in bigger trouble. Why does losing weight have to be so difficult? And why, instead of looking at this as a positive change, I look at it as being in food prison. I guess if there is anything that I'm learning right now..it's that I love food! At least I'm not craving junk food. I'd love some chicken or fish or turkey. The thing is, I'm not really hungry right now. I'm just craving some real food. I can't believe I have like 12 more weeks or so to go of this. Am I doubting my strength? A little. I lost 13 lbs. in the first two weeks and I'm thrilled with that for sure. I do want this to work. I do want to lose more weight. I just wish I had some real food choices. But I gotta wait another 12 weeks or so for that.

Ugh!

1 comment:

Betsey C. said...

Dottie, I'm sorry you're feeling uncomfortable! I know that feeling too well, that feeling of having to white-knuckle it to avoid eating.

Chew some gum (if it's allowed on your program) and drink some water. Try to do something that you can't do while eating -- I like to work a jigsaw puzzle, or some organizational thing like cleaning out my underwear drawer! lol

Best wishes to you, I will send you some healthy vibes!

Elizabeth