Do you know how good it feels to realize that I'm not alone in this weightloss battle? I always hear about how "fat" america is and that obesity is at an all time high. But you know... it seems like everytime I go somewhere, I always felt like I was the fattest one there. I felt like I was the only "fat" one there. At times I found myself thinking, if obesity is on the rise, then where the heck are these people? Why do I feel like I'm all alone in a world full of skinny people who have no idea how I feel. Many of them look at me and assume I'm some fat lazy pig. Well, today I was feeling especially depressed again about my weight and decided to google "lose 200 pounds". I was curious to see what would come up. I did not expect to find a blog of another woman who calls herself Chubby Chick who is also trying lose weight. In checking out her blog, I was excited. Not that I feel anyone should have to deal with morbid obesity, but I was excited to find that I'm not alone. The number on the scale is a large one and I'm not alone. The BMI is way higher than it should be and I'm not alone.
I cannot fit comfortably in a booth - I'm not alone
I cannot fit comfortable in a theater seat - I'm not alone
I cannot shop for clothes at WalMart or Target - I'm not alone
I REALLY WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT ONCE AND FOR ALL! - HEAR ME LOUD AND CLEAR "I'M NOT ALONE!!!"
I had mentioned the option of surgery and in all honesty, I'm really not that interested in it. I would much rather make the traditional method of healthy eating and exercise work for me. It can be done. Now that I know I'm not alone, maybe it'll be easier to stick to a plan. I look forward to building relationships with others who share my quest for better health.
7 comments:
YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!
Best wishes to you on your journey! You can do it!!
*huggles*
=0)
It's always nice to meet someone you have a common bond with :o)
I am CactusFreek.I weigh nearly 400pounds, and i started a blog 2 years ago to document my weight loss journey. But it wasn't untill this Christmas gone that something clicked inside me.I'm determined to make this year the year i go from barrel cactus to skinny bi-atch!
The great thing about having an online community, is you are never short of support.
It's nice to find you Dottie :o)
We're all in this together. It's great to know that NONE of us are alone!!! :)
You are most definitely alone! We're everywhere, and we are willing to journey alongside you since we're going that way anyway! Good luck on your journey. Be good to yourself!
I'm right there with ya girlfriend! So glad you decided to make this decision. You can do it!
Honestly I felt alone when I first started as well. I didn't know ANYONE who was close to my starting weight which was 419.6 lbs. But now I have all my beautiful blog buddies that I know can relate to my daily struggle, help celebrate my triumphs, and pick me up when I am down.
you're definitely not alone. I have a blogroll JUST for those of us with 200 or more to lose. There are a surprising amount of us here, and I'm finding more every day!
Post a Comment