Monday, March 7, 2011

TurboFire!

I purchased TurboFire as a gift to myself back in January.  Since then, my husband signed us up for a gym and I haven't used it.  Now, this isn't so cheap so I've been telling myself that gym membership or not, I need to find time to use that TurboFire.  In case you are not aware, TurboFire is one of many Beach Body products.  Perhaps you've heard of the popular P90X? 

Well, this morning I actually woke up early and popped that DVD in and pushed play!  Today's workout was the Fire 30 class and the Stretch 10 class.  I gotta say, I had a little difficulty keeping up with the Fire 30, but I did my best and never stopped moving.  I'm certainly not as light on my feet as Chalene Johnson (the instructor is). Nor am I built like that.  However, if I keep pushing play, then I'll get better with keeping up.  So, that is my plan...continue to wake up early and do the program.  Hit PLAY!  I hope I follow through with this.

In the evening, we'll still be hitting the gym. 

Oh and if that's not enough; I've decided to join in on the poke for fitness fun on Facebook. For every poke I receive, I'm doing 5 regular crunches, 5 reverse crunches and 5 each of left and right oblique crunches for a total of 20 crunches per poke!  Call me crazy.  Yesterday I made it through 195 crunches.  I have a little catching up to do tonight.  I'm amazing that I'm not terribly sore from all that.  I'm even more amazed that I could do them. But it's really not all that bad when you're doing 5 at a time.  I take a little breather between each set of 20.  I'm keeping track of all these pokes in an Excel spreadsheet. 

Fitness has become a part of my life.  I'm fighting this fat with everything I got!  I hope you can say the same.

Have a fabulous day! 

♥Dottie

P.S. Tonight - I celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday!  Time flies!

No comments: