Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Poke for Fitness

Call me crazy!  I've just joined the Poke 4 Fitness group on Facebook.  I'm not really sure who started it - I can check that later.  But, I've joined it and that means more fitness being added to my day.  The idea is that for every poke you receive on Facebook, you do some sort of exercise - whatever you choose.  Me, I chose crunches.  More specifically, I chose to do 5 regular crunches, 5 reverse crunches, 5 left and 5 right oblique crunches for a total of 20 crunches per poke! What was I thinking?!?  Yesterday, I ended the day doing 280 crunches.  Who would've thought I could ever do that many?  Surely not me!  I surprised myself.  I took little breaks between each set of 20.  I honestly don't know how long it took me to do all of them because I didn't pay attention to a clock.  But I did every one of them. Whew!  It's a great way for me to up my exercise each day.  Crazier yet...I solicit pokes!  Most of those in the group do.  Surprisingly, so far I'm not experiencing any pain in my abs yet.  However, my neck is kind of sore today and it's been causing a lingering headache.  It's quite possible I had poor crunch form and my neck played a role when it clearly shouldn't be.  I need to work on that.  As Jillian Michaels would say - "No injuries please." 

Today, I started my day with the TurboFire HIIT15 and Stretch 10.  This is day 3 of waking early in the morning to get some exercise in.  I'm pretty darn proud of myself for that.  Tomorrow is a rest day for TurboFire according to the schedule.  But, I'll be taking no rests from exercise.  I'll probably do the Biggest Loser Last Chance Workout tomorrow!  I'm truly surprising myself with my level of exercise.  But, I love it.

I was thinking today... as an elementary aged child, whenever someone asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up; my answer was a gym teacher.  In highschool; I wanted to be a body builder.  Even then I had fitness in my mind.  Problem is...instead of becoming either of those, I became a morbidly obese I.T. geek.  I'm working on the obese part and doing well.  And as a result of the weightloss and increased activity, I'm finding way less interest in sitting around in I.T. all day.  Perhaps it's time to go for another career...chase one of those dreams.  Maybe not necessarily a gym teacher; but perhaps a fitness coach. That I think would allow me to maintain my activity and share what I've come to love with others.  People could see that it is possible because I was once VERY obese.  Yep, this job just doesn't fit well anymore and I have a difficult time coming here every morning. 

Where to look, where to start, what to do...  Whatever it is - I want to be happy.  My current job isn't providing that.

Ok gotta go for now. 

Peace, Love and Smiles
♥ Dottie

No comments: