Last week I started TurboFire. It's an awesome workout. However, I'm here to admit that it's one that I'm just not ready for. Twice during the week, I broke down in tears midway through the program. It's tough and I just couldn't keep up most of the time. Therefore, I didn't find it fun for sure and I had a very difficult time getting motivated each morning to push "Play". Additionally, the scale didn't move at the end of the week either. After a week of doing my best at TurboFire, all I got out of it was unhappiness, some stress and frustration.
If I must exercise to not only lose weight, but to maintain health, then darn it I should be able to have some fun with it. Another 50 lbs or so then I'll probably be ready for it. But now, no. So... time for more change.
Exercise needs to be enjoyable and something I can do or I just won't want to do it. If I don't want to do it, then I won't push myself to do my best and the workout just won't be as effective. SO - I'm sticking to those things I can do and enjoy. I have several Leslie Sansone Walk DVDs and those, I can do. This morning I chose the 4 Mile Intensity Walk which is a 60 minute workout. I got through the whole thing and I felt good about it.
Yesterday, the weather was gorgeous so I took advantage of that and went for two separate walks. I took a mile long walk on a break at work. Then, in the evening I took my dog Zoey out for a walk. We walked nearly 2 miles. I felt really good about those too.
I happen to have my monthly friend this week so despite all the exercise, I'm pretty sure the scale won't show any improvement. This TOM thing really messes with my eating. I get cravings that are nearly impossible to control. Additionally, I feel like a bottomless pit. I never feel satisfied. What's up with that!?! That's not good.
My lesson... don't kill yourself with the exercise. Do something you know you enjoy and give it all you got and then some! You'll be further ahead. I know it.
Hope your week is going well.
♥ Dottie
No comments:
Post a Comment