Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Hot for Halloween - Day 13

So this is truly the 13th day of the Hot for Halloween challenge, however because I just started this blog, this is my 2nd day of recording. Nonetheless..here we go.

Today, the 13th day of August and also Friday...started out just fine. I got up and went to work. It wasn't until later in the afternoon that my dear Aunt Flo decided to visit! Cramps set in and I felt like crap. I'll be honest, when I have cramps, the last thing I wanna do is exercise. So I knew when I got home, I'd have to push myself. And I did. I'm also part of another challenge from You Tube called the NGU Challenge (for August). A new challenge starts each month. You should try it out sometime. Each week is a new physical challenge. This week's challenge is being termed the Albert Haynesworth Test. You can learn the specifics by checking out this video! Basically, I had to SIX 50 yard shuttle runs (25 yards down and back) within 70 seconds!!! Take a 3.5 minute rest and then repeat it, but this time within 73 seconds!! I approached the challenge with the mindset of "the reality is I know I'm not NFL football material so there's no way I'll do those SIX 50 yard shuttle runs in 70 seconds!" I'm wasn't being negative, I was being real. So my goal was just to complete in whatever timeframe I could. I'm 284 pounds and I've still got quite a bit of fat up front in the tummy area. And it flaps around, smacks the skin and makes noise, affects my head and therefore affects my run (or attempt to run). It was tough, but I did finish it and I didn't exactly run...it was more of a brisk walk for most of it. I finished each set in a little over 3 minutes. I was pretty whipped and my cramps got worse from it. I truly felt like crap! The video for You Tube will be posted tomorrow. I'm proud I finished it. Bottom line: I failed the Albert Haynesworth Test. But I'm a winner for not giving up and giving it my best.

Food Report...

BREAKFAST: 2 scrambled eggs with 2 tbsp cheddar cheese, 1 slice of bacon and a 15 oz. Fuze (banana colada flavor).

LUNCH: 1 cup Chili (compare to Wendy's) topped with 1 tbsp cheddar cheese

DINNER: Dinner out with the family at Applebees. I shared a Appetizer platter and specifically had 1 quesadilla triangle, 1 chicken wing, 1 mozzarella stick and about 10 tortilla chips with the spinach/artichoke dip. I also had 1/2 of a Cherry Limeade.

SNACK: Ice Pop

I feel rather bloated today and didn't feel all that hungry at all today. I also didn't get enough water in. I REALLY need to work on that.

Sweet Dreams~

Dottie

No comments: