Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Weigh In

Last week, the number on the scale was awesome. But I had help in having such a great loss. I was sick with the flu. While I liked the number on the scale, I knew it probably would go up some after I started eating food again. I knew I wouldn't be able to continue a popsicle and ginger-ale diet forever.

So... I got on that scale this morning not sure how much I would be up. I was at 391. That's 5 lbs. up from last week. However, the week before that I was at 396 so if I look at it from that weigh in, I'm 5 lbs. down. So of the 10 I lost from being sick, I've managed to keep 5 of it off. That's not bad. Overall, I've lost more than 10 lbs now so I've added a new badge to my side bar over there.

Hope all is well with everyone.

♥ Dottie

10 comments:

Nicole said...

I just wrote about this today! Huge losses one week are usually met by huge gains the following week. This always happens, so don't fret. Overall, you're on the right track, so WELL DONE!!

Irish Mom said...

Congrats on the bling!!

Carolyn said...

good for you for looking at it in that light! That's a lot of weight to suddenly lose, so I think the 5 lb loss is much more realistic!! Good for you!!

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

I love the new badge! Congratulations on sticking with it...in sickness and in health. :)

Trisha J. said...

Good JOB!

Anonymous said...

Love that new Bling! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Way to go! Your attitude is right on!

MargieAnne said...

That's great. New badge & I reckon you also earned an NSV for sticking through sick & well. I nearly said 'thick & thin' LOL.

Diana Swallow said...

The NSV is yours! Just look at it this way, you're making an effort and trying. Your overall trend is downward...you're on the right path! Hang in there.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Congrats on the bling. Flu sucks, glad you feel better. Hang in there and keep making healthy choices!
Path to Health