I received word on Friday that my cousin's husband Jeremy was killed in an automobile accident. He was only 30. My heart aches for her and the three boys they had together. I found the article online in the Sweetwater Reporter. I've copied the text. See below.
Two killed in crash Friday
Written by Staff Reports
Monday, 09 June 2008
Two people were killed in a two-vehicle crash shortly after noon Friday in southern Nolan County, according to the Department of Public Safety.
The victims were identified as Roberto Gutierrez Jr., 36, of Temple, and Jeremy Simon Beimers, 31, of Killeen. Both were pronounced dead at the scene by Justice of the Peace Sharon Gardner about an hour after the crash occurred on Highway 153.
According to the DPS, Gutierrez was driving a 2007 Saturn vehicle that was southbound on the highway when he drove off the roadway and skidded back onto the pavement. The car then collided with an 18-wheeler that had been traveling north on the highway.
Beimers was a passenger in the Saturn vehicle.
The truck was driven by Phillip Dewayne Noey, 41, of Lubbock while his son, Orin, was a passenger in the vehicle. Neither of them was injured.
The crash is being investigated by DPS trooper William Wheat. He was assisted by other troopers, as well as the Sweetwater Fire Department and the Nolan County Sheriff's Office, according to the DPS.
4 comments:
I am so sorry to hear of your loss!
That's terrible :o/
I'm so sorry to hear about this. Family tragedy never hits at a good time. My best to your family.
That's so sad. Just tragic.
Post a Comment