I was on vacation all last week and weighed in this morning at 395.5. I gained a half pound. I don't think that's all too bad considering I was on vacation and my dog was killed and I got very emotional. I'm sorry to mention that again, but I am bothered by it. I still haven't faced the neighbor; although I did email her yesterday to tell her I needed some time and space. I just don't even know what I'm going to think when I see them and see that dog that attacked mine! I could never hurt a dog intentionally, but with how angry I was about it all, I was afraid I might want to kick it or something. So I'm just taking some time to chill.
Vacation is supposed to be a time for your spirit to renew and feel better. But it just didn't happen for me and it stinks. I did enjoy the trip and all the sights...but everyday I thought about the dog I would never see again. It was bittersweet I guess.
Emotionally, I'm feeling a bit like a train wreck. I haven't binged or anything though. Amazing...maybe I'm starting to have some control over this food relationship.
Anyway, I'm not so concerned about this half pound gain. I got other things on my mind. Now that the nicer weather seems to finally be here, I'm hoping to get moving outside more.
Enjoy your day!
8 comments:
*BIG HUGS* I think you did great. Especially being on vacation!! Chin up you are doing this!!
*huggles*
=0)
You gained half a pound on vacation? That's a success! Besides, it could be a normal fluctuation and you might not have gained anything at all.
As for your dog, I too am a dog lover and after having lost 2 dogs in 2 years (both from old age, one 15 & other was 17) I will never have another one because losing them IS so painful. Personally, I think losing a dog is harder than losing a human life (other than a child that is) because dogs are so unconditional in their love and devotion. And to lose one in such a horrific manner makes it worse. Go ahead and cry because you lost a life that meant something to you. Take as much time as you need to go through the grief process. You are handling this well by not over eating. This is just a very difficult thing and I am sorry for you.
You sure did well! I'm sorry about your dog and I'm sure your neighbour feels very bad!
I once house-sat for parents of friends of mine and one of the dogs was shot and killed while under my care. Someone had shot the dog over the back wall, which bordered a park. She was only a little bitty thing and I was in terrible shock when found her, still alive, but paralysed and bleeding. She died that evening. Fortunately I didn't have to make the call! And they asked me to house sit for them again after that.
Oh my god, I'm so sorry about your dog, what a horrible thing to have happen!!
Several years ago, our neighbors were out and they'd left their dogs out on the chain run, (two dogs on the same run) and I came into the dining room to see one of them had managed to wrap his chain around the other's neck, so the poor dog was being slowly hung and smothered.
My mom and I ran outside and managed to get the dog down (got bit several times by the second dog, too!) and took him to an emergency vet...
and wouldn't you know, the lousy neighbors wouldn't pay for the vet trip and were very nasty to my mom about the whole thing.
I called a rescue line and had those dogs taken away and gotten better homes! My god, some people!
Dottie-I may have said this already but I'm so glad you are back from vacation...I MISSED YOU!
((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
You're doing great, so don't sweat it.
Wow, I'm really really sorry about your dog. That's just awful.
(((Hugs))) to you.
I'm so sorry to read about your dog! So very sad!
I think you're right in that a vacation gain of 0.5 is a victory, of sorts. Kudos to you for that!
I'm glad your trip was enjoyable (except for the news from home). I loved Savannah, too, but I'm not sure I could live in such close confines either. LOL
Don't appologize for mentioning your dog again. You loved peaches,and you don't just get over it over night. You are handling yourself well. Time will heal. Allow yourself to mourn the loss rather than just trying to keeep it in. It's natural and you need the time so don't feel bad about it. ((Hugs))
Post a Comment