Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Confession

I make lots of mistakes when it comes to eating...obviously or I wouldn't have over 200 lbs to lose right?!? But there is one pleasure that is just going to be very difficult to give up and I'm not sure if I will. Maybe I'll have to modify it. What is it? Well, it's that late night snack. I tend to be up late (it's 11:41 pm right now). And without fail, I generally have a glass of milk with a PB&J or I'll have a bowl of cereal. I think it's the milk I really enjoy. The funny thing is..I choose one of these over ice cream even if we have it in the freezer. That's gotta count for something...right??? Ok - maybe not. I don't foresee myself giving up milk though. I simply love it...a super cold glass of milk just before bed - YUM! And, it really relaxes me. It's like my sleeping pill.

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

Milk actually helps in pushing fat through your body without you processing it! Milk kicks butt... when I started WW I was so sad!!! Milk was so high! But I've switched to Skim so 2 cups is only 3.5 pts, and I will allow myself milk whenever I want (I'll even go into my Weekly points for it!) because of it's health benefits. Try having Berries in milk with some Splenda... ohh.. SOOO GOOD!

One day at a time! WE CAN DO THIS!!

CajunMom said...

Dottie, All I can say is....wow! I just found your blog (thru searching rubber stamping blogs LOL) and had only read your "Been a Long Time" entry and it was like it was ME talking! I almost feel disabled because of my knees right now. I have at least 200 lbs to lose and every day i cry as I'm looking at the before/after pictures on a WLS web site. I have considered surgery, but am just too scared of the whole thing and just don't think I can go that route right now. I know I'm rambling, but I just wanted you to know I enjoyed (not sure that's the right word! LOL) reading just that one entry - I didn't feel so alone in this huge struggle! Thank you! Now...I will go and read your other entries LOL.
I am very new at this blogging thing!

Hanlie said...

Eating outside meal times is just a habit which can be broken... I don't have to tell you that eating late is not the best thing you can do! You'll get there!

Felicia said...

My 2 cents is the milk isnt so bad but the extremely high carb food choices you are making to go with it are not so good.(dont forget that milk is a high carb food also - natural sugars but still...) If you HAVE to eat at night try a protein. Will fill you up faster and stick with you longer. Personally I am a HUGE night time eater but I have worked really hard at breaking the habit. I do not eat after 730pm at night. If I am just dying I have a protein drink or a single serve packet of string cheese but that doesnt hit so often anymore.

Good luck! You can do it!! Just focus on each step of your journey at a time and before you know it you will be at goal!

*huggles*
=0)

TitanThirteen said...

Maybe you could have some milk with some fat free chocolate powder? You can use a spoon to scoop the chocolate out, and have a refreshing milk after it's gone.
Or go to bed early to avoid the munchies.
Losing weight is about breaking bad habits. There can be no victory without sacrifice [That was on Lord of the rings lol]
Late night snacks are a killer. When we sleep our digestive shuts down [That's why we never wake up needing a poo lol]
so anything in our stomachs when we go to bed transfers to fat.