Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Another Downfall

HAPPY WEDNESDAY - Hooray, I've made it to the middle of the week. The weekend is in sight!

Another one of my downfalls on this road to weightloss is soda (or pop). And I refuse to drink diet so I drink the real thing. Typically I'll have a coca-cola...sometimes a rootbeer. The funny thing is, it's not the caffeine I'm after, it's the fizz. The tickling on my tongue. So I'll be seeking out some alternatives. I have tried XS Energy Drinks. Most of them are carbonated. They come in an 8.4 oz. can. 0 Sugar and 2 carbs, 16 calories (at least that's what my favorite flavor Electric Lemon has). Loaded with the B vitamins 100% B3 and B5, 300% B6 and 4900% B12. They're actually pretty tasty. There's different flavors, but my favorite is Lemon. It's got that nice sour punch to it! We order them through here. They're pretty comparable in price to other energy drinks.

This isn't my final alternative to soda, but it does have that fizz I like. If you've got ideas for alternatives to soda pop, please feel free to share. I don't know if I've ever mentioned it, but I really stink in the kitchen. So that's another area I need help in :). Have a great day everyone!

Here's to kickin' fat's butt once and for all! Cheers!

♥ Dottie ♥

6 comments:

Felicia said...

Congrats on finding an alternative to soda!! The bubbles were what I missed about not drinking pop anymore to. Before surgery I had stopped pop cold turkey but switched over to Sam's Choice Waters from Wal-mart. Not much better since they are made with asparteme but in my head lol at least they werent pop. Now I just drink Crystal light or those To Go packs that you mix with water. Mostly though I am a tea junkie lol.

Great job on changing your habits!

Have a super day!
*huggles*
=0)

Carol said...

OK, you may not believe this but if you FORCE yourself to drink diet soda, in a couple weeks it will taste good to you and the sugar stuff will taste awful. It's true. If you need the soda pop (I need the cold fizz too), make the switch because as your weight comes down those calories will be better spent on food. It may feel like a sacrifice right now but in a few weeks it will be no big deal at all.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dottie I am a Coke-aholic! A pop drinker in general. I have switched to diet this year, but, it is nothing like the real thing, and I only drink diet when I need some pick me up in the afternoon. Something I have done before, is mixing the diet with some regular.

I am a big coffee drinker and always used sugar in my coffee, starting at the very beginning of feb I stopped the sugar in the coffee cold turkey. It was rough at first, but now it is the beginning of march, and I am not even missing it my coffee. It is the small changes that will make the most differences.

Keep up the good work!

Mandy

Anonymous said...

In order to get my antioxidants, I like mixing seltzer water (or club soda) with a fruit juice concentrate (sold at health food stores and some supermarkets) or with pure fruit juices with some splenda. I like cherry and cranberry. But that's not calorie-free. But you can do it with anything. Add crystal light to club soda and get a fizzy sweet drink in any crystal light flavor you like. :) That's very low cal.

Anonymous said...

Mineral water is a great alternative. No calories, plenty of zing.

TitanThirteen said...

Don't you like drinking diet soda because of the newly found contriversy about it?
I drank diet soda untill i found out that it was actualy much worse for us than regular soda. So i started drinking regular soda, but now i'm feeling that it's just wasted calories that i can do without in the long run.
[I had an addiction to coke about 12 years ago as well]
Soda in itself is a diet killer!
Can you drink soda water for the tingle? Do you find that you have a hard time drinking water? Soda takes away the pleasure of drinking water. If you cut out soda and drink water only as a cool drink, after a week you'll have a desire for water :o)