Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Weigh In Update and Life

And once again, I can't seem to keep up with this blogging.  I'm not quite sure why because I do enjoy writing.  It really does help me think through my thoughts and get them out.  I guess perhaps its because I don't feel as though I have much to spill lately.  All that has been on my mind is how much I am not liking my present job and what I can do to change things.

Before I go any further though, let's talk about the weigh-in.  My weigh-in day is Saturday. I'm not sure if I had mentioned that before.  This past Saturday I weighed in at 303.8, which is a 6 lb loss from the previous week!  That's fantastic!  Although, I really can't take full credit for it.  I was sick for a few days and didn't eat much of anything other than saltine crackers.  It pretty much sucked.

This week I'm back to work and am getting myself back on track with healthy eating and exercise too.  I have even started the week right by bringing my lunch to work.  All of it is quite amazing really.  I've been so far off for the last few months.  I have also been tracking my food on MyFitnessPal.  I hate tracking, but it is a great way to know exactly what one is putting into their belly.  You might be quite surprised at how quickly calories and fat add up. I remember how in shock I was the first time I realized there were 70 calories in one little slice of cheese.  Really!?  Craziness.  Last night I also made it to the gym for the first time in months.  Let me tell you, I can tell it's been months.  I only did 10 minutes on the cycle and 10 minutes on the elliptical.  That elliptical is tough!  Got my sweat on though.  And while it wasn't much, it was a lot more than I have been doing so it's a win!

On to the other parts of life.  I'm not going to say my life sucks because it doesn't.  I'm quite grateful for my life.  There are just bits of it that are unpleasant.  Everyone has that I suppose.  Right now, it's my job.  I don't know if I'm suffering some serious midlife crisis or what.  But I'm just not happy there anymore.  I think I might even be a bit bored.  I've been working there for 24 years.  Perhaps that's part of it?  I really don't know.  The one perk that I enjoy though is the amount of vacation time that I've accumulated.  I get 6 weeks.  If I went somewhere else, I'd have to go back to one or two weeks if I'm lucky.  Ugh.  I know I shouldn't complain, but I'm just being real here.  My feelings are very real.  Every morning is a challenge to get here.  And on some days, there's tears involved.  It's a big struggle every day.  I feel as though the life is being sucked out of me.  Again, just keeping it real.  And this blog is exactly for spilling my guts. 

I am planning a return to school.  I'm just still trying to figure out what to go for.  I'm tossing around either Digital/Graphic Design or Nutrition and Health.  I may have mentioned this before.  School should be exciting I hope.  Although, I'll be honest that I'm a bit nervous about it and a bit scared of more debt.

I really wish I could get some things figured out.  I feel so lost at times. 

Peace.Love.Smiles

No comments: