Friday, January 11, 2013

It's Friday!

I am SO glad it's Friday. 

This week I've been doing pretty well with staying on track.  No, I'm not perfect for sure.  But, I have logged my food every day and so far have made it to the gym on the days that I planned.  Monday through Wednesday, I ate breakfast before leaving the house and brought my lunch to work.  Thursday and Friday - not so much.  But, even though I had to seek something else, I did alright.  Could be much worse.  I did not intend to not bring my lunch on both days, but it just worked that way.  I was planning to eat out once per week because I do like a warm lunch now and then.  I leave the building for lunch so I have no access to a microwave.  Both Thursday and Friday morning, I was not moving well and overslept on top of it.  Therefore, I left myself with no time to eat breakfast before leaving for work or make a lunch.  Now I know, I need to get better with planning and making ahead.  I'll work on that. 

Monday and Wednesday I made it to the gym.  I hadn't been to the gym since August!  I'm starting slow so as not to burn myself out.  On Monday, I did a 10 minute cycle and 10 minute elliptical.  That elliptical is really a great workout I must say, even for only 10 minutes!  I was sweating.  On Wednesday, I did 15 minutes on a recumbent cross trainer and then 1 mile on the treadmill.  That treadmill kicked my butt.  I think perhaps it's to blame for not being able to move well and get up on time Thursday and Friday.  I plan to go to the gym tonight, but not exactly sure what I'll be doing yet.  Probably the cycle and elliptical again.  I have to say that my feet have been aching terribly so the walking on a treadmill is much too excruciating.  I will say that I do need to get some good gym shoes.  My feet just scream at me.

My weigh in is tomorrow and I'm not all that thrilled about it.  I'm a little curious, but yet afraid too.  I just don't want to see a gain.  I'll be quite disappointed I think.  I know the scale doesn't define me, but to put in the efforts and then not see an improvement is disappointing.  However...  I did mention I haven't been perfect right?  Last night was pizza night and I overindulged a bit.  I really don't know why.  It is a week before I'm supposed to get my monthly friend so I am quite a bit hungrier.  Doesn't matter. I ate more than I should've and I know it. 

I often wish losing weight weren't so darn difficult.  Don't we all huh? 

I am determined to get rid of this weight though and finally be the me I wanna be.  I have no number attached to that other than "under 200 lbs".  I am sure I'd be extremely thrilled with 199.  Honestly, I can't even tell you the last time I was below 200.  I'm guessing early highschool.  That makes me sad when I think about that.  I've spent my entire adult life being obese and much of it morbidly so.  I HATE those words by the way and I can't wait to get rid of those labels. 

2013 is going to my year of change.  I'm going to lose this weight!  I'll be attending school and perhaps that'll trigger a job change even.  

One thing I know...I'm getting rid of those labels morbid obese!  Once and for all!!  I'm tired of being tired. Life is a gift and I need to take better care of myself so as to enjoy the gift even more.

Peace.Love.Smile

No comments: