Thursday, December 27, 2012

Not Everyone Knows I Blog

A coworker came up to me today and said she noticed on Linked In that one of my skill updates said blogging. She asked if I blogged.  My response "yes".  She said she looked for a link and would read it.  I said, I don't share it with everyone.  And after our conversation, I thought to myself, why?  Why don't I share this with the people I know in real life?  Why am I afraid of sharing it with them.  Fear is the reason why, but why do I have that fear?  I actually haven't been keeping up with the blog too well for a long time.  But on here is my weight numbers that I would not choose to share with coworkers.  But still, why should that be such a secret.  Truly, my weight shouldn't define me. It's just a number and I don't plan to be the same weight forever either.  Why do I blog (and vlog on YouTube)?  I place things on the Internet for the world to see and yet, I don't share these things with the people I know face to face.  Is there anyone else that does this? Sure there's been a few things I've said about work, but nothing too terribly horrible I don't think.  My life would certainly be different if I opened up and shared my blog and vlogs with those I know in my real world.  Would it be a good different or a bad different.  I don't know.  Maybe that's part of the fear too.  Unknown.  I'm sure there would be some negativity. But there could also be some wows.  "Wow, I never knew that about you!" or "Wow, I never knew you felt that way." 

I don't know.  I'll think about it some more, but I don't think I'm ready to share.  I remember posting some things on Facebook a few months ago and it seriously triggered a panic attack.  I bet sharing my vlog and blog would probably do the same.  It shouldn't.  I know that in my head.  I'm entitled to feel and have my opinions.  Hmmmm.

I hope you had a very enjoyable Christmas. 

Peace.Love.Smiles.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dottie - I think you are right to keep some separation between your work life and your personal life. Just watched your latest video - hope your shingles go away SOON.
Take care, Frolicking Froggy.

Poochy Ponders said...

I'm with you Dottie, I've had several blogs over the years and wouldn't even post pictures of myself. I decided to make 2013 the year of coming out. My wellness trainer reminds me all the time that those that have something bad to say aren't worth it anyway. I started a new blog and I've posted pictures... totally understand the anxiety you write about... Have a great new year!