Good morning. It's still technically morning here. 11:21 a.m. as a matter of fact.
I'm at work, but as usual, it's kinda quiet so here I am. Shhh. I'm not complaining that it's quiet today. Today is my final day of work before the Christmas holiday. I'm off until the 26th. Then I work three days and will then be off another nine days. Yay! I'm really looking forward to time away.
I'm sure I've mentioned it before, but my job is just no longer fun. It isn't holding my interest anymore and I have no fun...at all. My heart is no here anymore. I thought perhaps having some time off while dealing with the depression/anxiety would help refresh and renew my attitude. But after coming back, the feeling is still as strong as ever. This just isn't where I feel I'm meant to be. It doesn't help I suppose that one of the coworkers seems to be a trigger for me at times. Especially before I had time off. I would find myself getting pretty angry because he fell asleep at his desk nearly every afternoon. And if he wasn't sleeping, then he was playing some game on his laptop. Is this how it is with Senior Architects? Perhaps that's the field I need to go in. Not! I'm not sure if his sleeping issues are medical related and it's really not my business, but it does bother me. Now...I try to ignore it or I go to the other office across the street for the afternoon. That helps and it gets me away from my desk.
Ok so I haven't said a thing about school yet which is what my post is titled. I am for sure going to go back to school. Ok, well that's assuming the financial aid comes through. Anyway, I am having a tough time deciding on the program. It's a toss between the digital/graphic design program (because I've always wanted to learn photoshop and I really do enjoy my photography). But, there's also the nutrition and health. I don't really want to be a Dietician, but perhaps a wellness coach of some sort? I really don't know. Six months ago before all the depression, anxiety and weight gain - I was really into the nutrition and exercise and there would've been no question or hesitation. But now...I'm just not sure. Perhaps I need to look beyond the depression issues I've had and remember the time when I really did find enjoyment in exercise and wellness. Maybe that is my passion, but right now it's just a little hidden. When I was at my counseling appt the other day, she was concerned that I would get bored with the digital design and sitting in a cubicle and felt that I'd do better in some sort of Human Service field. I'm in a cubicle right now and yes I'm bored. So maybe she has a point. Oh my gosh....this isn't easy. I certainly don't want to waste any money. I want to know I'm headed in the right direction. I wish there was a big sign in front of me that gave me the answer. Hmmm. When I think about it, it certainly wouldn't hurt to learn more about nutrition. It would probably do me well actually. I could be my own client. haha So I'm curious. If you read this, do you have any thoughts on this?
I hope you are well.
Peace.Love.Smiles
No comments:
Post a Comment