Friday, December 28, 2012

TGIF!

Normally I don't try to wish the week away because time flies by on its own as it is.  But this week, I couldn't wait until Friday and now that it's here, I'm so grateful.  Perhaps that is because when I'm done with today, my vacation starts!  I will be off 9 days.  I couldn't be more thrilled honestly.  These last few days of work have been really quite dreadful...more than normal even.  I'm sure I've mentioned it a time or two...or ten!  My heart just isn't into my job anymore. Not even a little.  Each day it gets harder and harder to even muddle through.  I just do not want to be here.  I'm bored with it I guess and have no interest anymore.  I need something different.  Which, is why I've decided to go back to school.  I am in the process of getting my transcripts sent to my school of choice.  It could've been done by now, but when I contacted the former college I attended, I found out that everything was on hold because I owe them money.  $135 to be exact.  I had no idea.  Would've been nice to get a bill on that say 8 years ago when I stopped going there.  Jeez.  So with Christmas just passed, money is short so I don't have the means to pay it right now.  So...I have to wait until I have the funds to do it.  That means I'll be starting school later than anticipated.  Oh well.  I'll deal.  But with this time, I'm having second thoughts on the program I want to do.  I had signed on for the graphic design program because I have interest in PhotoShop and what not.  But now, I'm thinking I may go for the nutrition program instead.  Afterall, I said I wanted change.  The graphic design program will still find me sitting at a computer in a cubicle.  That's not much change.  Plus, with the weight I have to lose, I'm sure I could benefit in more ways than one with the nutrition program.  Decisions...decisions.

Did I mention I have Shingles right now.  Ugh...not fun.  A bit painful even.  Last weekend, I woke in the middle of the night to use the restroom. I noticed that the side of my leg itched, as I went to scratch it I realized that something was there.  I couldn't see it though.  Had my husband look at it and it was red and raised and had little white bumps over the surface of it.  It itched but did not hurt at that point.  I couldn't do anything about it on Christmas.  But I visited the doctor the day after and learned it was Shingles.  I have been put on an anti-viral medicine for 7 days. 

I also have a bit of a scratchy throat right now.  I'm taking in vitamin C with Zinc and Echinacea and hoping it doesn't progress into anything worse.  It too is making me feel quite blah though.  Can this work day be done already?

Yesterday I was thinking about the whole weight loss thing and the gym membership I have.  We pay $1200 a year for a membership and I have not been going religiously.  I haven't been to the gym since August.  That my friends is the obesity and laziness monster rearing its ugly head!  This beast has got to die once and for all.  This girl is going to turn things around and make some life changes.  I have got to get back on track.  Quite frankly, I've been feeling like crap and I know its because I haven't been eating well and exercising.  Makes a huge difference.  I hate the idea of tracking my food, but I probably will for a little while anyway.  Maybe.  :) 

I suppose I've rambled on enough for now.  I wish you a Happy Friday or whatever day it might be for you right now.

Peace.Love.Smiles


No comments: