Friday, April 23, 2010

4 Months Post Op

Hi there and Happy Friday!

I'm actually 4 months and 1 week post op now. Time flies doesn't it. I wanted to share my exercise success yesterday. I took a break at work and decided to go for a walk. I just walked down the street, not really paying attention to how far I was going. I chose to turn around at a few business down the road. I calculated the distance when I got back and guess what. It was nearly a mile!! I walked that distance and didn't get winded and didn't feel like I was going to keel over and die or anything. I did well with it. I felt pretty darn proud of myself too! Then, last night I decided to finally try out the Wii Fit. Now that I'm under 300, I can safely use the board without worry of breaking it. So I did 20 minutes of the Wii Fit activities. My family got a kick out of watching me to the Hula Hoop. It was fun and you know what - I can do it!! So that's what counts to me.

Surgery didn't help me to enjoy exercise. I still need to work at that. Getting into a habit is going to be tough for me. I'm pretty sore from yesterday, but I'll keep at it because I did not get this surgery for nothing. I will succeed. The surgery is my tool and it's up to me to use it.

I'm ecstatic to be under 300. My next goal is to get to 275 and I'll certainly be happy to be there. The thought of getting under 200 doesn't seem real or possible. But I should be able to do it and let me tell you, I'll be feeling amazing at that point. Under 200 - wow. I'll probably feel like I conquered the world - ha ha

All in all things are going well.

Take care!

♥ Dottie

1 comment:

Trish said...

I used to read your blog, and just out of the blue you came to mind yesterday but I didn't know how to find your blog, so I was glad to see your comment on Chubby Chick's blog. I'm glad to hear you are doing great!