Sunday, July 26, 2009

Late Weigh In

I neglected to weigh in on Wednesday. I did weigh yesterday and that beloved scale read 337. That's down from where it was so I'm happy. I tell you this weightloss just isn't easy it? It's a constant battle or effort anyway. I took a week off week and in my mind a week off everything and that's when I gained some weight. I gotta get it in my head (and remember it) that this is a lifelong plan and really there is no rest. It's a change in way of life. I need to lose the old habits and NEVER let them take me over. It's amazing how easy it is to fall back in to it. Ugh!

I was a bit disappointed when I had gained that week, but the disappointment was in myself! And at least I knew that the only one to blame was me. What's that definition of insanity "If you always do what you've always done; you'll always get what you've always gotten". You know, I knew I wouldn't lose that week I was on vacation. But I'll admit that a small part of me thought I wouldn't gain either. LOL Come on! Ice Cream before bed...lack of exercise...screams weight gain...HELLO!!

I went back to work last Monday with better intentions and atleast I realized that I was being so laxidazy the week prior. Exercise is still difficult. I haven't found a routine or anything. I did exercise yesterday morning with My Wii Fitness Coach. I love that Wii! It was only 15 minutes, but I was sweating! I did feel a little better afterwards too.

And so it is... eating right and exercise seem to be the key to the power of weight loss and not only that...but lifelong wellness as well. Exercise apparently makes you happy which in turn helps with the emotional aspects right? I think I'm still in the experimental phase with that. ha ha

On another note...I added another little blurb over in my sidebar regarding Savings Angel. They aren't in all areas, but it's worth checking out if you are in one of the areas I listed over there. You can save quite a bit on groceries... They do all the work of finding the local sales and indicating which coupons you need to look for to get the savings, etc. Of course, there is a fee, but with what you can potentially save in groceries.. I think it's worth it.

Keep up your fabulous work, keep smiling!

♥ Dottie

6 comments:

SeaShore said...

I gain weight quickly on vacation, too. I get in a "holiday" frame of mind and tend to go right off the rails. Fortunately, any gain comes off quickly once I'm back on plan!

Chubby Chick said...

I gained weight when I had a brief vacation in June, too. But... it all came off... and so will yours! Keep going, girl! You totally rock! :)

Anonymous said...

Great job getting back on track after vacation. Your gain will be gone in no time! I love my Wii fitness coach too! Keep up the great work!!

InWeighOverMyHead said...

Wow! I just looked at your stats and you are doing a GREAT job!!!

- Lisa
www.losewithlisa.blogspot.com

Rhonda said...

We all have our 'bad' days/weeks. But your right...this is a life long change we have to make. We can never go back to eating the way we used to. I'm not saying anything is forbidden...but it can never be the same if we want the outcome to be different.

Look at the progress you have made!!! You have lost 48 pounds since Feb. That is outstanding!!
What your doing is working. Just keep on being consistant! 50 pound loss is just a week or two away!

You are inspiring girl! You can do it!

Ria said...

Congratulations on getting that vacation weight right off again, and keep up the great work!