Sunday, April 19, 2009

Checking In..

I'm beginning to feel like a broken record here by starting my posts with something like "Oh my goodness, these last couple weeks have been SO busy". This time isn't any different; however much of the reason for not getting on here to update is because the weather has improved and it appears that spring has finally sprung! Yesterday was 70 degrees! I loved it.

Since the last time I updated, I've lost another 8.6 lbs! 6 lbs one week and 2.6 the next. I met another goal by reaching 350. Actually I am below that now. I'm getting so excited because it's less than 50 lbs. to go and I'll be below 300!! That's a huge accomplishment!!

I've been staying active and being good for the most part. On Easter, I did have a piece of candy, but I wrote it down in my journal and counted it. I've been staying within my allowed calories. I'm nearing the end of 17 weeks. I'm now in transition back to food and am allowed fruit and light dairy.

I'm feeling so much smarter about my food choices. I'm supposed to be eating 6 small meals a day, but with how busy work has been, I struggle to get those snacks in.

You know it really is amazing how much better I feel physically just losing this 54 lbs. That's a lot, but it's actually only a fraction of the total amount I need to lose. Still - it's a huge accomplishment and I'm proud of myself. Do you know how wonderful it is to fit comfortably in a chair with arms or in a restaurant booth! How about a movie theater seat. It's a great feeling to slide into an armed chair and back out without picking it back up with me! Stairs are getting easier to handle. I'm walking farther. All these little things that so many people take for granted. It feels good!

The other day I did get a little sad and I didn't run for food or anything. Instead I just laid down in the quiet dark room and prayed. And at the same time I recalled wonderful memories of family members that are no longer here physically - my mom, my grandma, both my great-grandparents. I miss them all terribly. I did shed some tear, but then I thought about all those memories and I just had to say "Thank You" for all those blessings. All those wonderful memories with those I love speak so much louder to me than a lot of the terrible things I've been through too. I'm finally seeing all those negative things as steps to growth. Life is feeling pretty good and I'm just so incredibly grateful. I have my husband and my two beautiful kids, a house and vehicles, 5 wonderful pets, and a job. Sometimes I'm a little afraid to feel so good, but that's when I just pray more.

When you wake in the morning, go to the mirror and take a look...and Smile. Smile at what you see and tell yourself that you are worth the effort to make the positive life changes necessary to lose weight. You can do it!

Til next time...Blessings to you.

♥ Dottie

4 comments:

Dutch said...

Way to go on the weight loss. Keep up the good work. I love what you said about when you wake up in the morning, I really needed to hear that this morning. Have a great week.

Anonymous said...

Wowza Dottie, you are doing fantastic, congrats!! It's nice to hear you so positive and happy!

Chubby Chick said...

Wow! You are doing SO great! Congrats on the awesome weight loss! I'm so glad you are doing so well and feeling so wonderful!

And... great attitude! Keep it up... and there will be no stopping you, girl! :)

Ria said...

You are doing so well - congratulations, and good for you for recognizing all the NSVs along the way!