Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Week 9 Update

Oh my, the last couple weeks have been VERY busy with work. We've been rolling out new software and it's occupied a lot of time...even outside of the office walls. I spent nearly 8 hours working from home on a Sunday...good thing it was cold outside.

So, I didn't get out here to post a week 8 update and now it's already the end of week 9. Tomorrow is the official first day of week 10 of my program. So here's a quick update of the numbers..

Week 8 - down 2.4 lbs.
Week 9 - down 2.4 lbs.

How odd is that to be down the same exact number for two weeks in a row. So that's 4.8 or I like to round it and say 5 lbs. :) My total since starting the program is 39 lbs., but my total overall is 45 lbs. I've passed the 10% loss mark!

I've been able to add very lean meats and vegetables to my daily diet. I have been eating salads quite a bit. The first one I made was so pretty (colorful) - I should've taken a picture of it. It had regular garden salad mix along with baby spinach, sliced tomatoes,sliced black olives, very lean deli turkey, mild banana ring peppers and I topped it with some light italian dressing. It was SO good and I didn't even miss the cheese or croutons or bacon bits from my "pre-program" salads. These new salads I'm doing taste so much fresher and light but satisfying. I can't believe the amount of blue cheese dressing I used to use!

My activity lately has included pretty much anything I can think of to keep moving. I do knee lifts and stomach crunching while sitting at my desk at work. I make a point to get up out of that chair and stretch and move regularly. I park alot further from the door. I bought at weighted pilates ball and a mat and have been doing a few toning exercises. I just do whatever to keep moving. I really don't have a set regimen right now...because I seem to be the type that gets bored easily. So I do something a little different every day usually.

I noticed that I have a couple more followers...that makes me feel really great. I will do my best to give you something to follow at least once per week.

Please keep up your efforts. We can do this!

♥ Dottie

8 comments:

The Fat Foreigner said...

Nice work on keeping moving, even when stuck in a chair all day. I'm kucky in that living alone with no pets means I can exercise whenever, but it's not that convenient for most people and you're doing a really good job fitting it in wherever you can.

Anonymous said...

Awesome Dottie! Congrats on all the excercise and for two weeks with a great loss!!

Dutch said...

Way to go on the weight loss. You are doing great. Keep up the good work. Have a wonderful Wednesday.

Ria said...

Congratulations on another loss - you're doing great!

Betsey C. said...

Ahhhh, I love reading your posts! they are full of inspiration for me. Thank you!!

j said...

Congratulations on the weight loss! I need to get on the wagon. I start then stop repeatedly. Commitment is what I need!

Keep up the good work.

VINTAGE WOMAN said...

Great job Dottie! Have you tired walking videos? I love them because it's private and easy. I also have a table-top bike you can use on the floor or table for arms. I am alternating those right now.
Slow and stedy wins the race!
Keli

Carolyn said...

SO GLAD to hear you're still at it! I've always been impressed by you! I need to get back to the exercise... I miss it! Walking just isn't cutting it for me anymore!
Awesome job!