Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2009 - Starting a Clean Slate

I'm re-starting my weightloss... My first date will be January 27, with a beginning weight of 394. Ugh! Not a good number, but I am confident that I'm heading in the right direction now.

Last week Wednesday, I started a new weight management program through MMPC Weight Loss Specialists here in Michigan. It consists of a very low calorie, high protein diet for 17 weeks and then from there you transition back to regular food. There are a couple of the food choices that I do not like and can't choke down for anything. Those items, I'll not be ordering again. The first week went pretty well actually. I was quite surprised that I wasn't hungry. 800-900 calories a day is quite the drop from what I used to consume. Honestly, I couldn't tell you the amount of calories I used to consume in a day, but I do know that it was more than 900. It's the protein that helps me feel full and satisfied. The only day this past week that I had challenges on was Sunday. The aroma of bacon and eggs cooking was quite overwhelming. It smelled SO good! But, I didn't give in.

I hope to keep this blog updated at least weekly after my appts. Maybe I'll take some pictures and measurements as well.

My total weight loss for week 1: 9 lbs. I'm excited about that! I can do this!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job Dottie! 9lbs is fabulous!! Happy to see you are back and look forward to seeing your progress!

Carolyn said...

Yea Dottie! glad to here you're around! I've been off track for months now, but have been wondering about you now and then!
4lbs in a week is borederline scary, but awesome all at once!Just keep kicking.. do what you need to do to succeed. You will do it - your perseverance will pul lyou through!!