The commercials that advertise "Depression hurts..." are so true. It does. I had been doing fine for a while, but in the last month or so I've noticed my moods jumping around..pain increasing now and then. I just didn't feel right. I had my annual physical last week so I brought it up to the doctor. It turns out she feels that I'm going through some depression again. She put me back on some meds and hopefully that will help the moods. I don't like feeling this way. I get so sad and just can't snap out of it. I'm thinking it has to do with the holidays fast approaching and my mom not being around anymore. She passed away in 2006. You'd think maybe by now it wouldn't seem so bad, but I still struggle.
I haven't gone to weight watchers in a few weeks now and have no idea how much I weigh. I'm really just concerned with getting my moods stabilized. Aside from going to work, I've been spending some time doing my scrapbooking and making cards. Being crafty (or attempting it anyway) seems to help me relax.
I hope you all are doing better.. I will try to visit some of your blogs and offer some encouragement.
Take care,
Dottie
6 comments:
Sorry you're not feeling well Dottie. Making cards also relaxes me.. and it keeps me from stuffing my face ;)
Hope you feel much better soon!
I am sorry that you are not feeling that well. What is really weird, is that I was thinking of you on my drive into work this morning, and then BAm I saw your post.
I am glad that you brought it up to the doctor, and the holidays are so emotional for a lot of people. I would like to think though that your mom wouldn't want you feeling so sad, she would want you to enjoy the holidays with your kids.
I know how depression sucks, and heres hoping your feeling much better soon!
BIG HUGS!
Depression is so hard to deal with. It's not like you plunk a band-aid on it and it heals itself after a while... it takes time and some sort of deep seeded metacognition. *hug
Just keep making your cards. That's somethign I would love to do if I had time! YOu know, you remind me of my aunt for some reason... wonderful person plagued with depression. She gets into fits of anger though with teh sadness, that really can come out wrong. She ended up missing my wedding because she wasn't feeling well... her moods were just down. I honestly felt more sad for her, because I know she'd never miss it otherwise.
Just try, honey, to take ONE DAY AT A TIME. That's it. Set small goals (not weight related.. just to make yourself feel better) and try ot force yourself to do them.
I send you happy thoughts!
Just take care of you!
:::hugs:::
I could have written this post today. I have been off treatment for depression for about 5 years now, but in the past several weeks I have started to feel it creeping back. It's time for a doctor visit for me, too. And you're right about that commercial. Depression does indeed hurt. I hope you (and me) feel much better soon. I know we will.
hi there, ur post reminded that i suffered a minor depression recently, negative thoughts just kept flowing into me and i will cry easily (hmmm i refused to see a doctor and get prescribtion). i would say weight is one of the conributing factor. I am biggiest size in my family. So I am surrounded by people like my slim elder sister who keeps showing off her slim arms, waist and thighs!!! it is pretty depressing for me 'cause she just simply bragging about it and commenting how fat i am EVERYDAY. i hope ur environment will be much more positive to lose weight. Nevertheless, we work hard and shed those fats!!!
Post a Comment