Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Weight Check In

Hi there to anyone who may be checking in on me occasionally. Life has been so busy this summer. I'm not complaining because it feels good to feel good about life. Does that make sense? For the first time in a very long time..things just feel good. I haven't been depressed. Sure, at the time of the period, I get a little mopey, but it's nothing compared to the depression before.

Work is very busy, but going well. My new boss is totally awesome. We're working on deploying Office 2007 to users so it's been interesting being one of the main supports for that. I get lots of questions. Interesting too in that I haven't been using it all that long. The look and feel of everything is a bit different, but overall so far I really like the integration with Sharepoint (our portal).

One of the girls I used to work with at my company is leaving the company...this week is her last week. She works in another building so I haven't seen her in probably 6 months. She used to be a size 22/24 and now..she's a 2/4. I was so excited for her. At the same time, I was like WOW! A real person I know and can see has lost over 100 lbs. without surgery. She's a new inspiration for me. She did the Weight Watcher program. More exciting news.. they are starting a Weight Watcher at work program..you know where I'll probably be as long as I can come up with the money.

Anyway... things are going well. I weight this evening and I'm at 386 which is 3 lbs down from the last time I updated. Not a lot, but hey...it's a loss and I'm happy with it. That puts my total to 17 lbs. Considering I haven't been exercising...I'm pretty happy with everything.

I hope you are all well.

♥ Dottie

8 comments:

MargieAnne said...

I'm so glad you came back. You sound so happy Dottie. It's good when you're enjoying life.

Every pound gone is one more step towards goal.

Blessings

nicnack31 said...

Good on you for your loss this week, keep it up, and keep setting the goals cause thats the way to do it . Good luck for the up comming week

Nic

Chubby Chick said...

Wow! That 17 lb. loss if FANTASTIC! Keep up the good work, girl!

That's awesome about your friend losing all that weight. If she can do it... we can, too! :)

Diana Swallow said...

Good to see you posting! YAY for 17 pounds! You rock!

Lyn said...

Congrats on the loss! You do sound happy. I know what you mean about feeling good about life. Enjoy the summer as long as you can! Glad to hear from you :)

Carolyn said...

DOTTIE!!!
It's been a while since I had time to update on everyone, but I know what you mean about seeing a live person that lost that much. There was this lady going to WW tha had lost 110 lbs. It was facinating to see her sit there... but amazing too to hear her struggles and how she got by them. Now, she no longer attends (not sure why) but I've lost the most in my group and it's neat to be the inspiration to some! I still feel like I have so far to go! Thansk for sharing, and COME BAC KSOON!!

Felicia said...

Just popping in to see how you are. Hope you are doing ok!

*huggles*
=0)

Carolyn said...

DOTTIE.... WHERE ARE YOU???