Monday, June 30, 2008

Feeling Good

Hi there all,

Someone had commented that I keep disappearing. It's great to know that there are a few who actually look for me or have me set up in a reader or something :)

Truth is...things have been going great. I've been super busy at work and it's been the fun kind of busy if that makes sense. My new boss is great. He's getting us training and letting us do new stuff, etc. So I've been learning more about this Microsoft SharePoint that we use.

I've been moving a lot more, eating a lot less and feeling better in general. The scale hasn't shown much improvement, but I can feel it. I weighed 389 yesterday. Did I mention that I mowed the front lawn with a push mower the other day! Normally, we use the rider, but I plugged myself into my new Zune and got through the whole front yard. I figure it's about a half acre in size or so...whatever it is...it's a lot compared to what I'm used to. But I did it and man was my face red and I was hot.

I'll tell you that I have just about completely cut out soda pop. I can't believe that I've been able to do that, but it's true! I'm drinking lots of ice tea and ice water with lemon! I will treat myself on the weekend to a soda pop. I haven't felt nearly as bloated as a result.

I'm actually starting to believe what I've read about Endorphins. Not only has moving more made me feel better, but the improvement at work, and choosing to change my attitude about some things. It's been difficult to change the attitude, but seriously, it's been working. I'm truly starting to believe that the weightloss just won't happen unless I'm accepting/happy with what I am at the present time. When I'm happy...I move more and feel less of a need to raid the fridge.

I do hope you all are doing well. I've got over 900+ items in the Reader so it's proof that I haven't been around the computer too much (outside of work that is).

UPDATE
I think I deserve this badge!
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


Dottie

9 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Wow, you mowed that much with a push mower??!! Amazing!

I started using Sharepoint earlier this year, and I like it. I've got a couple of sharepoint sites I manage at work, and it's sooooo easy to use.

Journo June aka MamaBear said...

Cutting out soda is a HUGE, HEALTHY choice and such a good step to take. It really does make such a big difference. Congrats on doing that. And congrats on the mowing. :-)
Path to Health

Anonymous said...

Yep, gotta love the Endorphins. Great job cutting out the soda and pushing the lawn mower! Keep it up, girl!

The Fat Foreigner said...

Good job, I'm glad things are going so well for you!

Pattie said...

Yes indeed: attitude makes a BIG difference!

You're doing so well, m'dear. A push mower?? You go, girl!

Lyn said...

Keep up the good work! You sound happy :)

Chubby Chick said...

Yippee! I am SO glad that you are doing so well and feeling so good! When I'm happy and have a positive attitude, I do so much better, too.

Keep up the good work, girl! :)

TitanThirteen said...

An iPod [or equivilent] makes soooo much difference doesn't it!?!

It's great to hear that life in general is going good. Keep up the good vibes and send some of them my way coz i need them too! lol

Whats an NSV award for? what does NSV stand for?

I don't have a reader or whatever it is. I just have you in my peep links and i check my links onceor twice a week to keep up with my peeps :o)

Carolyn said...

Soda isn't really too much of a thing for me... I drink diet, and only about a cup or two twice a week at best.
But if I tried to cut down on some thigns that I LOVE (chocolate, for instance.. ) I'd be TERRIBLE! GOod for you!
I envy your move! I'm DYING TO MOVE!!! :D