I don't think I want to call this a weigh in because I didn't weigh myself this morning. I just know that I haven't lost though. It's that TOM and I'm feeling bloated and irritable and the past week has just been blah. I do know that I have identified some issues I need to resolve or this weight will simply not go anywhere. I've been eating dinner a little too late (that's not cool). I've also not been getting in enough water during the day - another no no.
I'll be honest, I've been getting sick of all the Mother's Day advertising and such. My mom passed away in 2006 and this has been a difficult time each year since. I guess it's only been a couple years and maybe that's why it's still so difficult. I can honestly say that I haven't been trying too hard in the last week with my weight loss mission. I've been eating like those that don't have to work at it. Just eating when I'm hungry and having what I think sounds good. Looking back over the last week I can't say as though I've over-eaten at all. The problem is probably lack of exercise and water. Now if I added those two to the mix, I'm thinking I'd have better luck. But for whatever reason at this moment I just feel numb about things. It's probably the Mother's Day thing. Plus, my daughter is having surgery on Friday. It's nothing extreme (foot surgery), but this is a first surgery for my child and I tend to get nervous about things.
Anyway, I hope you all are having a better time of things. And, I do wish all you mothers a Happy Mother's Day.
♥ Dottie
4 comments:
It must be difficult for you, I can't imagine being in your shoes, though I know it will eventually happen. One thing that I've learned about you is that you are a strong woman and I know you can do this!
Awww...that stinks about your daughters surgery. I know it's so easy to get discouraged and give up. Take a break from dieting, get the craziness squared away and when you're in a better place, you'll be ready to pick up where you left off. Too many times i said i needed to diet because I really did, but I wasn't into it and when I wasn't successful, just beat myself up because of it...that always made it worse...get through this weekend - Monday will look different, i promise!
Sounds like a rough week for you. Take some time to tend to you and yours, you'll be back on track soon! Wish you well & and Happy Mother's Day.
It's a tough week for many people. The fact that Father's Day is around the corner just makes it worse for some. All you can do is your best to get through it. Knowing a few things that might help you feel better, like water and exercise, certainly won't hurt!
I'll be thinking of you...
Post a Comment