Hi there,
I thought I mentioned that we would be on vacation this past week, but maybe I forgot. That's why I haven't posted here in a while. Our plan was to go over to the east coast and visit with brother in law who lives in Arlington, VA. However, because father in law isn't doing the greatest healthwise, we decided to visit with him first. So last Friday we headed to Lakeland, FL. We spent a couple days there and then headed up the east coast stopping at a few places here and there to see some scenery, etc. It was a lot of driving, but it was pretty cool considering I have never been to anyplace along the east. Savannah was a very big city, lots of housing with no yard. I couldn't do that. But it was fun to see. In South Carolina, we had to make an unexpected stop to have new tires put on the van. We had one blow out on us and the others didn't look the greatest so we just had all new put on. That kept us there longer than we would've liked. Going over/through the Chesapeake Bay Bridge/Tunnel was very cool. We got up that way just in time to catch the sun still up and some boats passing through. It wasn't long though and the fog rolled in. It was amazing how fast it rolled in. It was so beautiful though before the fog. We traveled on and stayed in Ocean City, Maryland for the night. That would be a very happening town during the summer. Luckily, it was off season. But it was still beautiful and we stayed in an ocean front room - that was cool. We made it to brother in laws Friday afternoon. He showed us around DC a little. Went to a few of the monuments...not too many because we didn't have a ton of time. He took us to one of the parks there where you could watch all the jets coming into the airport and they fly right over you. That was probably the most fun for me. Crazy huh? I was just fascinated by it. And, those jets came in every two minutes. It was amazing. All in all the trip was pretty good. There were only two downfalls during the trip. One was the tires. The other...
It was a phone call we received on our 2nd day on the road...not even 24 hours after we left home. Our neighbors were put in charge of taking care of our dogs. Well, they called to let us know that one of them (Peaches) died. We were on the road at the time, so all four of us were crying going down the road. Come to find out their dog (a Jack Russel in heat!) attacked our dog (pomeranian). The doofus put them together outside in the same pen together. I was furious and my husband beyond furious. He couldn't even talk to them at that moment..just hung up the phone. All four of us were angry and upset. Our daughters even commented that we shouldn't have left the dogs in their care. My husband called another friend and had him get the other two female dogs. We did leave the neighbors in charge of feeding the male dogs who live outside. We didn't have a lot of choice. Luckily, they handled that okay. We were so upset and it was a couple days before I didn't think so much about it. But when we came home last night and our other dogs were running around greeting us, I lost it. I cried and cried for a while. I felt so terrible. I haven't seen the neighbors yet and quite frankly don't care to. I'm still upset. My husband feels the same.
So..aside from the two things, vacation was good. I consider myself very lucky that the trip was safe and I got to see a lot of places I never thought I would.
Oh my weight...395.5. Pretty much maintained... not bad for vacation.
12 comments:
I'm glad you had a good vacation! I hate that about your dog though! :(
Sounds like you had a pretty good time on vacation. So sorry to hear about your puppy.
I'm so sorry about your Peaches :( That's so sad and if you want I can go over there and beat some people up (I work out now, I'm strong LOL) JK. But that's so sad that you trust people with your precious pups and they'd do something so irresponsible.
You were in my neck of the woods, DC. I'm glad you had fun there! And Ocean City is so beautiful and fun, I'm glad you went there!
Great job maintaining, sooo hard on vacation!
<3
Rose
I was wondering where you had been - glad it was something fun like a vacation that was keeping you away. Sounds like you had a wonderful time and good for you for maintaining. Losing a pet is an awful thing and losing her the way you did makes it even more awful. I'm sorry that happened - I don't know what those people were thinking. Have a great week!
[[HUGS]] :o/
Good on you for maintaining during your vacation :o)
I wondered where you'd got too!
Oh Dottie, I would be so livid right now...you are doing much better than I would be at this point. I am sorry about Peaches.
Stay strong Girl.
I'm so sorry about Peaches, I can't even imagine the pain your family must feel right now. ::::HUGS::::
It sounds like the rest of your vacation was good, you were in Lakeland...thats only a hour away from me! So close!
Great about maintaining, am so sorry to hear about Peaches. {{hugs}}
I am so sorry about Peaches, I know this must be hard on you. I hope you are okay.
I hate to hear something like that about your dog. You go on vacation and don't expect things like that to happen. You just want to have fun. Your family is in my thoughts. My animals are like my babies, too.
TAG!
See today's post for further details =)
I'm so sorry to hear about Peaches. That is horrible and I would be angry too. You have handled it better than most people.
((Hugs))
Post a Comment