Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Video - Weightloss Success Stories

Have you seen this? I think you should check it out if you haven't. It was a video I saw on ABC News.

ABC News Video

The one girl used NutriSystem and that's cool for her, but not something I would do...or could do for the mere cost of it. The other two watched what they ate and exercised...mostly walking. Maybe I should go out and purchase a Pedometer.

Do you have a pedometer?

♥ Dottie

10 comments:

Erin said...

I've been meaning to get one, but do I buy the cheapo one...or the fifty dollar version...or one in the middle? I'll let you do the research...lol

Erin

TitanThirteen said...

I lost 30 kilos, [or around 60 pounds] a few years ago [and have since re-gained it] and for every kilo i lost, [or 2.2 pounds]i bought a kilo of sugar. So i had big bags of suger packets in the kitchen, and every time i got discouraged i'd pick them up. It was more than enough to keep me going!
That is untill we started using the sugar and i gained weight again.
I bought a pedometer at Weight watchers [that's how i lost the above weight] and it does ok. I don't think it's great quality, but i get a rough idea :o)
Thanks for sharing that video :o)

Anonymous said...

I have one, but I've never used it....think it's still in the package...maybe I should think about looking at it...LOL =)

Carol said...

I've had pedometers before. They aren't real accurate, just "ballparkish". If you really want to invest in your fitness and buy yourself a "toy" that will encourage you to get out and walk. And if you want to keep records so you can push yourself more and more. And if you want it to be accurate, spoil yourself and but a GPS. I actually have 2 of them, both Garmin's. I bought one model, then they came out with a smaller one so I upgraded. I love mine! It's not cheap but when it's an investiment in your health, it's worth every penny.

Chubby Chick said...

I love success stories, and will definitely check out that link. Thanks for sharing! :)

Sunny said...

Started reading some of your posts this morning. Gosh I could identify with so many of your reasons for wanting to lose. Sounds like you are on the right track now and I can't wait to see the rest of your journey unfold.

Carolyn said...

I have a pedometer... I wear it to work once in a while. It told me I took twice as many steps as I actually did, so I knew it was not great... but if I took the numbers and halved it, it was still impressive!
I agree with above poster though... if it's an investment in your health, eveyr penny is worth it. Make sure you get the good stuff... it'll help you in the long run, and give you more reason to use it more often.. to get your money's worth!

Half Man said...

Thank you for stopping by my blog and posting. Walking is a great form of exercise. Many, many people keep track of their steps each day and challenge themselves to increase the number of steps. Every little bit helps and adds up in the long run.

Anonymous said...

Where you been? I haven't seen you post in a while.

Anonymous said...

Dottie, are you still with us?