Hi there and good day. Today it's another sunny day and mild temperatures which is just awesome. If I weren't stuck in this office cubicle all day, I would most certainly be outside enjoying the weather.
Ok, that aside... I was wondering if there is anyone out here that suffers from Rosacea and not only that, but very sensitive facial skin too. Have you found anything that helps? My case isn't terrible, but I do have redness and I do have small little breakouts now and then, not to mention dryness..flakiness. It kind of stinks. I stopped wearing makeup a long time ago because it just irritated my face worse. I haven't really found anything to help. So I thought I'd ask you out here.. Feel free to share any thoughts you have on it.
Thanks and I hope your day is going well.
♥ Dottie
5 comments:
I have Rosasea and have been treating it for MANY years. It's not too bad either and I want to keep it that way! I get the "been out in the sun" look frequently but most people are shocked to find out I have Rosesea and usually argue with me in disbelief. I have a sister who looks like she has sun burned cheeks and another who looks like the tip of her nose is burned. Way past the "rosy" stage. Anyway, mine has NOT progressed since I started treating it. Here's what I do/have done:
My dermatologist started me with an antibiotic regimine for a certain amount of weeks (I don't recall but at the time it seemed like a long time). Now, twice daily - morning and night time, I apply Metro Cream (does not dry as much as the gel). This seems to keep it in check but you need a prescription for it. I use Oil of Olay moisturizer with SPF15 (which isn't much but it's not greasy). Other than that I don't use anything on my face. I don't use soap on my face except for when I'm in the shower and shampoo falls on my face. I guess the bottom line is that it's going to get worse as you age or you better head to the dermatologist.
I wish I knew how to help Dottie! Surely there is a wealth of info not only in blog land but all over the internet.
Have a great Thursday!
Hi! I have very sensitive skin, possible rosascea but I have a friend who has a severe form of it. She's getting married next month and she was told not to eat any seafood or citrusy veggies or fruits like tomatoes or oranges. It's made a huge difference. For me, I use all Aveeno products on the my body and Oil of Olay on my face. I use Mineral Essential's makeup and I must say, it's wonderful and keeps my face looking wonderful. It even blocks out some of the red! Good luck!! And I've been reading about your dog...I am so sorry...and pissed for you....I'd be heartbroken if someone was responsible for the loss of one of my pets.
I have a feeling the culprit may be gluten...
I kinda understand. I have a really oily upside down T-zone and my cheeks are really dry. I also have adult acne, mostly at hormonal times. I look like a teenager, except i have wrinkles! lol
I've tried exfoliating, and it worked on my face, but the zits still popped up, just in different places, like my neck or chest.
Let me know when you find something and i'll try it too!
Post a Comment