Sunday, April 20, 2008

My House

Felicia had the idea of doing a fun photo project. This could be either of photo of where we live or one of our to-do projects. Well I decided to post of photo of the house. These photos were actually taken back when we moved in about 6 years ago in October of 2002. The house looks the same, but there is grass filled in now in that empty area. Additionally, we took out that ground cover stuff in the front of the house and put decorative border and stones in and we planted two small pine bush things (I don't know exactly what they're called, but they look like a pine ball on a small tree trunk) on each side of the front entrance. It's a 3-bedroom, 2-bath brick ranch. Off the back of the house is an added family room... I'll include a shot of the back too. The back looks way different because we have since fenced in the yard and we have dogs so we don't have all the pretty little garden areas anymore. We still have the one kidney shaped garden off the back porch, however it's not doing the greatest because the dogs trample it. We plan to fence it off this year and revive it a bit (I guess that is a project isn't it). The daffodils and tulips still come back every year. I have no idea when they were planted...some time before we moved in. I live on a busy road so I always say my front yard I live in the city and my back yard is like the country. I technically live just outside a small town in the country. Our road is the main one into town though and that's why it's quite busy at times. And there you have it... my home. I love it. I didn't mention this, but up until five years ago, I'd always lived in a mobile home or small apartment. When my great grand parents passed away, they left a pretty good sum of money to their great grandchildren too. It was with that money that I was finally able to put a down payment on a house of our own. So my house has sentimental value too.





Have a great day everyone!

4 comments:

Leslie said...

My blog URL has changed. It's now http://lowcarb-leslie.blogspot.com.

I'm just letting everyone know. Thanks! Have a GREAT week!

Trish said...

Very pretty!

I understand your joy in being able to get that home. We always rented prior to buying ours about 4 years ago and I wouldn't trade it for anything.

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Love your house, especially those *gorgeous* shade trees! That's exactly the sort of house I was looking for when I bought the house I live in now.

Have a great week!

Diana Swallow said...

Great photos, thanks so much for sharing!!