After reading this post at Escape from Obesity, I thought I would take some time and provide my own answers to these questions.
1. What types of food were you most likely to overeat? my downfalls are salty snacks - chips and dips, chips/cheese, crackers/cheese, etc. Sometimes, ice cream
2. What times of day did you overeat most often? Late night was always tough for me. For whatever reason, I felt a need to have something to munch on while watching TV.
3. What feelings were you having most often when you overate? Honestly, I'm not sure if there were feelings. I think I always had a depression of some sort though. Seemed like there was always something going on in the family and no matter how hard I tried not to let it bother me... it obviously did.
4. Do you think you have a binge eating disorder? Yeah, I guess so. I was an emotional eater and ate for comfort or celebration.
5. What circumstances in your life do you believe contributed to your weight gain? Lots of things. Started out by working 2nd shift job and eating after I got out at midnight. Then it was emotional stuff like my brother having his kids taken due to neglect, my mom's weight/health issues, etc. Lack of activity...lots of things really.
6. Do you 'blame' anyone for your weight? I tend to blame my mom because I feel like I picked up her bad habits. However, I know that I am the one that has to take care of this...nobody can do it for me.
7. What other behaviors made you overweight? Not being active enough, laziness, keeping my feelings in and poor self esteem...believing I didn't matter much, others were more important.
8. Were you active or exercising while you gained weight? No - Not really.
9. Why did you choose that activity level? I was lazy.
10. What made you finally want to change? Lots of things. My mom's death, my own aches and pains...going through a short-term split up with my husband back in 05, just plain sick of being a prisoner of my body. I want to live!
Are you up for answering these? I'd be interested in seeing your responses if you do.
♥ Dottie
5 comments:
Have just pinched the questions thanks :)
I'm also doing this one today...
Well done on the honest answers! We all need to do some self-examination from time to time.
I like those questions, and your honesty. I'll do them too, in my next post. In two days time :o)
Thanks for sharing. Very honest answers. I will do it in my next post as well.
"What other behaviors made you overweight? Not being active enough, laziness, keeping my feelings in and poor self esteem...believing I didn't matter much, others were more important."
I can relate to this so much. I have just started to blog about some of my emotional problems which have contributed to my very poor self image.
Post a Comment