Friday, April 25, 2008

Another Reason to Get Thin

I'm going to be openly honest for a moment. In my side bar I have a link to a list of reasons why I want to lose weight. But, there is a reason that I didn't include because I felt a bit odd about it. Well, I read this on another blog and I found it hitting a bit close. You see, I do secretly fear death and the biggest part of the fear - the family having to try to find a casket large enough...taking up more than one plot in a cemetary...etc. I know I could be cremated and avoid all that, but I don't know if that's what I would want.

Well...on a bright note, my plan is to lose all this weight and get healthy and then I won't have to worry about it.

Let's kick fat to the curb once and for all!!

♥ Dottie

5 comments:

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

One of my reasons for getting healthy (and smaller) was that I was afraid I would need to be rescued (from what, I have no idea) and no one would be able to help me. It happened to a woman in England, who died with 5 paramedics standing around her.

We're kind of on a downward path here, aren't we? :) I think you're right in being focused on the things we're doing to make sure we don't suffer these dire circumstances!

Have a great weekend!

Trish said...

This reminds me of something that was on my mind recently...I realized the utter ridiculousness of my situation when I was thinking about cancer, (which my sister died of) and I found I was more worried that if I ever got cancer I wouldn't be able to fit into an MRI, than I was about cancer itself!

Hanlie said...

Yes, these things have been on my mind too! Best to lose the weight...!

Anonymous said...

Dear Dottie, it is good that you are facing that fear and looking at it. I believe that you can turn that fear into motivation. I am looking forward to a healthier you. I wish for goodness in all areas of your life and you have nothing to fear!

TitanThirteen said...

Yea i worry about having to buy a "galiath casket" as well. But luckily another of my biggest fears is waking up in a coffin, so i'll be getting cremated for sure!!
Hence no big burial plots!