Thursday, March 27, 2008

Today is Another Day

I will admit, yesterday being my mom's birthday, was a tough day emotionally. But I think I did okay and I think it's because I was prepared. In the days prior, I kept thinking... her birthday is coming and you know you're going to be emotional. Being emotional is fine, but eating to cover those emotions is not. I am happy to say I didn't cave and fall into a binge or anything. We did go out for dinner last night to Boston's. I had this really yummy pizza with grilled chicken, spinach, artichoke hearts, feta and fontina cheese and a yummy sauce. Oh my it was sooooo good. But I did only eat half of the 10-inch pie. However, I did probably drink more soda pop than I needed to. I was very well aware of everything that I put into my mouth yesterday. I did not emotional eat once.

Thank you blogging buddies for all the wonderful comments and compliments. Keep them coming. I thoroughly enjoy everything you have to say. You know I recently listened to this song and find it appropriate to post it for all us weight losing, blogging buddies to enjoy.

6 comments:

Felicia said...

I am so sorry you had a rough day yesterday but super glad to read you did so well in handling it. Hope your week gets brighter!

*huggles*
=0)

Trish said...

Good for you for not giving into emotional eating on such a difficult day. I'd call that a major NSV!

Fairy Princess said...

But yesterday is now over. :) And you came out of it so wonderfully! That pizza sounded yummy :) Lots of good stuff on it. Have a great weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

hmmmmmmmmm I live near a Bostons..............

Exit 465 said...

Good job on controling yourself and being aware of the situation!

Erin said...

Awesome Job on controlling your emotional eating. Sorry I haven't been around haven't been feeling so hot!

Erin