Can you believe it? Easter is now behind us already. We cooked dinner at our house and had our neighbors over. I did okay with my eating...sort of. You may be thinking that my weakness was the chocolate candy, but no... I did fine with the candy. I had a small Bit O Honey and a Rolo. Not bad. My weakness was the shrimp cocktail. Holy my goodness, I lost it. I can't even tell you how many little shrimps I ate. Talk about an addiction! At dinner, I had a slice of ham, a scoop of augratin potatoes and a scoop of green bean casserole. Not too bad... Oh! I also had a slice of wheat beer bread. Later before bed, I indulged in some carrot cake and glass of milk. I guess you could say I splurged a bit yesterday. Do I feel bad...actually I really don't. I may have splurged, but I didn't eat anywhere near the amount I used to eat in the past. So I know I've improved. After dinner we played a game called Cranium: Sculpturade. That was interesting, but fun. You draw a card from the pile to see what you have to sculpt out of the clay and your team mates have to guess it. We played adults against the kids. The kids were much better at sculpting...but we all did well. We had fun and that's what is most important.
So how was your day? Did you have fun?
♥ Dottie
7 comments:
Shrimp are actually not that bad for you.
I love Cranium games...they are lots of fun.
Sounds like a nice day!
Great job eating during Easter. I had organic tacos... not quite the Easter dinner, eh? :)
Family celebrations typically come with the baggage of tradtion, which pretty much boils down to preference. I've talked to my married son, and we've agreed that in order not to perpetuate a legacy of unhealthful tradtions, we would make some new ones of our own! Congratulations on your self-control, and I love the idea of family games. THAT'S a tradition I want to continue.
Sounds like you had a great day! Yippee! :)
Sounds like you did very well this weekend. I'm so glad to have your blog to read! That game sounds interesting I might have to look into it further!
Way to go Dottie!
Erin
http://marriedsinglemomof3.blogspot.com/
You did GREAT!! We are in this for the long haul and we MUST find balance between life and living!
Post a Comment