Sunday, March 9, 2008

A Drop I'm Proud Of

Last week Monday when I went to the doctor all teary eyed, depressed and basically an emotional mess, I was mortified when the scale read 400 lbs. I kind of expected it, yet I still was extremely disappointed. My blood pressure on the other hand had come down (110/70). Very good compared to what it has been in the past.

This morning when I got on the scale..I was happy to see that I was again UNDER the 400 lb. mark. You know, I can't stand that I weigh this much. I can't believe I'm sharing it with so many I don't know. However, I'm seriously hoping that by sharing and have some accountability, I can finally lose the weight once and for all. My weight this morning was 394. I will definitely take that 6 lb. loss. And, it better not come back! My daughter's birthday was Friday and I did have some cake. I just didn't eat the whole thing LOL. Anyway, I was very happy to see I had weight loss this week and it is a drop that I'm definitely proud of. Now... the discipline to keep it going that way. I CAN DO IT!!

Hope everyone else is doing great. We can do this!

♥ Dottie

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

a 6 pound loss is fabulous and you should be happy that are starting a new journey, I am happy for you!

Betsey C. said...

Fantastic loss! You should be very proud of yourself. And I think your philosophy regarding that piece of cake is right on. Have one piece on a special occasion, but don't eat the whole thing. That's how normal eaters do it! Good for you.

Erin said...

Dottie,
I've never commented before but you are in my list of blogs to check every day. I just wanted you to know that 6 lbs is a start. If you stick to your plan it will work out for you. I just started my blog and I just started going to the gym and Sunday i took my kids to Chuck E Cheese...and I had pizza, but in my defense it was two small slices, and i had a big salad and I worked out four times last week. I'm a rationalizer, my oldest's birthday is next sunday, more pizza and cake, if I eat in moderation I should be ok.

Love love love your blog
Erin

http://marriedsinglemomof3.blogspot.com/

Felicia said...

Congrats on your loss! Of course you can do it because you already ARE doing it!! Keep up the amazing work!!

Have a SUPER week!
*huggles*
=0)

Hanlie said...

Fabulous Dottie! You're doing great! Keep going!

TitanThirteen said...

6lbs is awesome!
Try not to look at the big picture ok? Make your first goal to get to 390lbs, then 385lbs etc.
I too started at 400lbs, and the overall figure i had to lose was overwhelming at times. So i'm trying to work in little bits. In Australia we go by kilos, so i started at 181.5 kilos, and my goal is to get rid of 5 kilos at a time. Right now i'm 175.2, so as soon as i get to 175, my next goal will be 170 etc. It somehow makes it easier.

Don't you feel liberated that you've told the "world" how much you weigh? It takes the shame out of it. It's out there and now the only place to go is better.

That blinking model over there --> is freaking me out! lol

Trish said...

Congratulations on the loss! That is great!

CajunMom said...

Congrats! 6 lbs is great! I really like your "I Can Do It" attitude - Keep it up! Have a nice day :)

Fairy Princess said...

CONGRATULATIONS! You go girl, that is so super awesome!

It's so hard to look at that big picture. I take it in 25lb increments and reward myself when I hit them. It's nice to get a little "something something" from me for doing GReAT!

Diana Swallow said...

Dottie, you are doing such a great job! I know how it feels to see that scale over the 400 mark, I was 425 not so long ago, about a year ago I weighed in at 398, I'm down to 360 and although I got side tracked for a while last year, I'm back on my way again. Lets make this journey together and walk the road to better health together. I'm so proud of you for starting this blog and sharing with the world. YOU CAN DO THIS!!!

Travis Cody said...

Congratulations on your weight loss! Every little bit should be celebrated.