Monday, March 17, 2008

BLAH!

It's Monday and I feel like BLAH! Tomorrow is weigh in day and I'm so scared. T.O.M is here and I'm so afraid it's going to cause a gain for my first weigh in. That just totally bums me out. I always feel like crap during T.O.M. and I usually do gain. I can just feel the bloat. I've been drinking water today. I have my lovely 1.2 liter water bottle filled with icy water and sitting right here at my desk with me.

I did not want to come to work today. What's new I suppose. I've been feeling this way about work for some time now. I don't know if it's my weight interfering or if I'm just plain and simple burnt out. I do know that because of my weight, I feel stuck here. Nobody would hire me the way I look right now. Honestly, if I could do anything, I'd quit my job and pursue photography. I really enjoy it. I'm not the greatest, but I sure do try.

I've been at my current place of employment for nearly 19 years now. The best part of the job is the 6 weeks of vacation I get. :)

For years, getting up each morning and coming to the office, sitting at the computer was fine. I was okay with it. But lately...ugh! I dread getting up to come here. I would love to go part time, but that's not an option either as I'm the one that carries the health insurance for the family. Part timers can not get insurance for the entire family.

I'm really going to work on this weightloss. Not only that, I'm going to pursue learning more about photography and spend more time with my dogs. I think it'd be kind of cool to work with dogs all day. It'd certainly be way more active than sitting here in front of the computer all day. It'd be more fun too. I really need to explore some more options.

Maybe I'm approaching a midlife crisis or something? I don't know. I do know I'm just rambling on right now though - I'm sorry. I guess I'll let you all get back to your fun. I wish you all a wonderful day/week!

♥ Dottie

11 comments:

Lyn said...

Hey Dottie! Just came across your blog and am excited to watch you drop the pounds. I am a 38-yr old mom of five and I feel that "mid life crisis" thing looming myself sometimes! We are gonna do this. For ourselves, for our kids. I will be checking in to cheer you on!

Carol said...

So, set your camera on a tripod and start taking pictures of your body as it shrinks! We all get discouraged now and again, it's hanging in there for the long haul that brings us success!

David Dane said...

Hello, thanks for checking in on my blog. David

Hanlie said...

The one thing about this journey is that it empowers us to make changes in our lives. We've decided that second best is no longer good enough for us on the weight front, and that leads to thinking that all the other things we just put up with are not good enough either. You cannot lose weight if you have parts of your life that are not working well - it creates blockages...

I guess you're going to have to do some thinking...

Trish said...

Oh my gosh, you sound just like me! I've been at my miserable job for 9 years!

That's one of the things I'm really looking forward to about getting skinny...gaining the self confidence to get out of there!

Erin said...

Dottie-We all have down days, I looked at my kids this morning and didn't know if I could make it another day staying at home.

Right now I wish I had a job, but that will soon come and I will watch my children grow without being around them all the time.

My oldest starts kindergarten in the fall, I supposse its time for me to go back to work

You will have better days...Good luck on the weigh in...I'll be posting too!!!!!!! Thanks for inspiring me to join the Healthy You Challenge!!!

Erin
http://marriedsinglemomof3.blogspot.com/

Cammy@TippyToeDiet said...

Part of making the big change to a healthier lifestyle is figuring out all the things that are and aren't working in our lives. This is a good thing, even if it's unpleasant to go through at times. It seems to me, though, that you've got some really good ideas about how to approach all of your goals, a little bit at a time, and that's going to pay off hugely in the long run.

Hang in there!

Chubby Chick said...

I know how you feel! My weight is totally interfering with me "getting out there" and getting a job and/or going to school! I feel trapped in this body inside my house. And I hate that! I am sick of my weight holding me back from pursuing my dreams.

We have GOT to do this. We WILL do this! We deserve to live the lives that we want!

Lynn said...

Hey Dottie!

Welcome to the Healthy You challenge!

Mondays are fairly blah, and TOM even more so... I think you'll do just great!

Wow, that's a lot of dogs!

john - from fat to fit said...

I followed you over from my weight loss forums. Thanks for stopping by! Good luck with your weigh in, and remember to focus on decisions not results.

Leslie said...

I'm just recently starting my "diet" (I hate that word). Good luck!