Saturday, March 15, 2008

Wonderful Day!

Today was absolutely beautiful! We woke early because we had an electrician coming early to put in a new electrical box. Hubs stayed here and my girls and I left for a while. We started by having breakfast at Bob Evans. I did pretty good here, had half the veggie filled omelet and one biscuit with honey. From there we went to the park and we fed the ducks. That was great. After that, we decided to go to the zoo. Sure it was 43 degrees, but the sun was out and I had my camera with me. I figured there had to be come animals out. And there was. We walked through the zoo snapping pictures here and there. I was very proud of the walking I did. But I will say that my knees totally killed by the time we got back to the car. OMG..that was some pain I tell ya. From there, we went to a movie. We saw Penelope. That was pretty good. I did have some popcorn and soda, but not much at all.

With my walking and limiting the food intake, I think I did well. I just LOVED being outside in the sun and spending time with my girls. It was AWESOME. Here's a couple pictures from the zoo... enjoy!




(c) Dottie May 2008

7 comments:

Trish said...

Sounds like a fun day Dottie!

Sounds like you made good decisions in some very tempting situations, and good for you for getting your walk on!

Danni said...

The zoo is always fun! Glad you had such a great day :-) Keep up the great work!
Phat Teacher

Holly said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Saturday! Those animal pics are great!

Carolyn said...

I LOVE The zoo!!! I've been to the zoo hundreds of times, and never get tired of it! I prefer it in the colder weather actually; I dont' sweat as much!
Your pictures are amazing! It sounds like a wonderful day with your kids. My fiancee and I often wish we had kids when it comes to things like the zoo, or the STampede. You're so lucky! And good for you for the awesome food choices. You needed the energy, and you did well!

TitanThirteen said...

Gee you're a great photographer!!
And good on you for getting the "fun" exercise in!
Movie popcorn is actualy pretty low in calories/fat. It's even lower if you ask for them to scoop from the top of the pile because all the butter settles at the bottom where they usualy scoop from :o)

Diana Swallow said...

WOW what great photos!! Thanks so much for sharing. Don't stress the calories, I'm sure you walked them away!

Chubby Chick said...

Sounds like a fabulous day! I wish I would have been along! lol

And good for you for getting out there and having fun with your girls! All the walking you did was fantastic exercise. I hope your knees feel better today! And the pics are great! Thanks for sharing! :)