The truth is I weigh a lot. My starting weight about 3 weeks ago was 400! Eee-gads! I can't EVEN believe I revealed that number here. But, I believe that if this blog is going to work for me, then I need to be honest about the issue. My current weight as of this morning was 396, so I have lost 4 lbs. total.
I'm really interested in making this work. I know I can do it. What makes now different than the last 10+ years that I've been struggling? Well, I believe a very big part of it is depression and lack of self-esteem. And as difficult as it is to admit, laziness plays a pretty key role as well. I was very good at finding the excuses not to exercize.
My body is a gift from God and I really should be treating it as such. I need to stop blaming things from my past and start looking to the future. "Begin with the end in Mind" Do I want to be fat when I die? No way! I fathom the thought of a special made coffin to accommodate my largeness. Do I want to die at a young age? No, not if I can help it. I want to be around for as long as possible for my kids and husband.
Good luck to you in your challenge to lose. YOU CAN DO IT!
No comments:
Post a Comment