I decided to dedicate an entire blog to my weightloss efforts. I've been dealing with my weight for many years. I never had a weight problem until after high school. While I never had an issue with weight in high school, I always thought I was fat. Those thoughts actually began about 6th grade. I recall middle school and high school being so painful because I was so busy comparing myself to others. I was convinced I was fat and ugly and I wouldn't listen to anyone who told me otherwise.
As an adult, I have to honestly admit that I think those thoughts/extremely low self esteem are a result of the teasing my dad did. He called me Porky all the time. And, would constantly say "Stop acting like your mother". Note: my parents were divorced, my dad had custody - not too common then. He never realized the effects of that emotional abuse. Who knew (not even me) that I would grow up to be "Porky"...for real.
I could really go on and on, but I think I'll save some for later.
No comments:
Post a Comment