Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Blog being Resurrected

I've decided to come back to blogging.  It's a great outlet for me.  Writing seems to calm my mind. So, here I am again. I don't know how often I'll update, but whenever I see fit is when it'll happen.  So, join me if you like.  My journey to a healthy weight continues.  So far I've lost 148 lbs from my highest recorded weight and 121 lbs from my surgery date.  If you are one that things surgery is the easy way out, let me tell you - it's totally not.  Not all surgeries are the same, but all require effort.  Some less than others - I'll have to agree there.  My sister in law received the gastric bypass in April of 2010 and she is already down over 100 lbs and pretty much at goal.  I received the VSG in December of 2009 and I'm still in the 250's.  Granted I started at a heavier weight, but I have had to put in a whole lot of work to get where I am.  I exercise 6 days a week.  She hasn't done any exercise except for the walking that is required for her to get from point A to point B.  So, in my opinion, Gastric Bypassers lose easier and quicker.  But that's just what I've witnessed. 

Due to the stall in weight that I've been experiencing, I've decided I'm not stepping on that scale until I have to on Saturday.  That's right - I'm a daily weigher, but I'm avoiding the scale all week. That's pretty monumental for me.  But I need to do this.  I'm so sick of getting frustrated by that stupid number and I will not have it dictate how successful or unsuccessful I am.  It is only a number! And it's only a tiny measurement of the overall picture of success.  I will be taking measurements on Friday to see how much difference there is in a month.  I'll be sure to share it here.

For now...I hope you are all doing well with your journey.  Keep strong. Stay positive and never give up the fight. You are worth the effort.

Peace, Love and Smiles~
Dottie ♥

1 comment:

Ria said...

Welcome back to the blog world! I've also been absent (but not doing as well with wl as you) . . . and also just getting back to blogging.

So glad to read that your surgery was successful, and congratulations on all the progress you've made! Looking forward to cheering you on all the way to your goal.