Sunday, May 24, 2009

Celebrations


Today, I celebrate 18 years of marriage to my wonderful husband.

Tomorrow, I celebrate 38 years of life. For a long time, I didn't see life as the true gift it is. I would get depressed and frustrated because I was fat and didn't completely understand why. Without really realizing it, I blamed others or God even. Why would God make someone fat and unhealthy. I didn't grow up with religion in my life, but I did try to believe in God. Very uneducated about it all, but I believed. However, I don't think I fully trusted if you know what I mean. At times, it's still quite difficult to understand situations. But I need to remember, it's not my job to understand.

I just finished reading an amazing book and I would love to share the title so that anyone who might read this will look for it. The author does a fabulous job at answering some of the questions I've always had in life.

It didn't take long to read. I cried and I rejoiced.

If you've already read this book...what'd you think?


♥ Dottie

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary!!
Happy Birthday!!

The beauty of God is that he gives us free will and loves us no matter what choices we make, even when we don't love ourselves.

I haven't read The Shack but have had it on my Wish List for awhile. I love what you've said about it and it makes me want to put it at the top of the list!

Rhonda said...

Happy Anniversary and Birthday! Hope you had a wonderful time with both! Did you stay on track?? If not...not to late to jump back in!

I haven't read The Shack...maybe I will now!

Keep it up...your doing great!

VINTAGE WOMAN said...

Hi Dottie!

Congrats on your anniversary and happy birthday! :):)

I love reading so much, I just don't have enough time right now! Aren't they expensive too! I need to join one of those clubs where you can exchange books (or maybe go to the library more!) I have many that are on my shelf waiting for my summer break--I will add that one to my list!

Stay strong on your quest!
Keli

Rhonda said...

Hey,
I haven't noticed any new posts the last couple of weeks...everything okay!! Hope to hear from you soon! ;O)