I weighed in yesterday afternoon and I am extremely excited to report I've lost 7.4 lbs. this week!! I'm so excited. I've lost 3 inches in the hips and my blood pressure is going down. I am just so proud of myself. I've been walking more and just plain moving more. I've been loading a lot of fun songs on my Zune (mp3 player) and just dancing around the house. I've also been doing a little on the Core Stability Ball that I got. I was so nervous that the thing would burst or something the minute I sat on it. But to my delight - it did not!
Today I began the 7th week of this new lifestyle plan and I feel so much better. It really is amazing the difference 26 lbs. can make. Technically, if I go by my highest weight before I began the plan, I've lost 34 lbs. so far. It all counts! I've been learning so much. When I first started the plan, I seriously thought I'd have a problem with not having my glass of milk at night before bed. I love milk. Amazingly enough, I don't miss it at all. I haven't had milk in 7 weeks. I can't even believe it. I haven't had bread in weeks...well not white bread. I did deviate one day and had a tuna sandwich on whole wheat. I'm kind of having a hard time believing that I'm doing so well and have been able to stick with it. Granted, the first weeks were so tough at times. I did seriously crave some things. But now...I'm just getting tired of the minimal selection of product. I've noticed too that I'm feeling hungry before it's time for my next meal. I eat 6 times a day - 3 hours between each. At 2 hours, my stomach is growling...really growling. I got so excited because it must mean the exercise is paying off and my metabolism is coming out of the dormant stage its been in for so long. I mentioned it to the doctor and she recommend I see the Dietician so that is where I'm going at 8 a.m. tomorrow. I'm curious to see what they'll have to say. I'd love to incorporate some fruit or veg or cottage cheese or something. At this point, I'm limited to between 800 and 900 calories a day. Doesn't seem possible does it? I didn't think so in the beginning. But I never got hungry...until this past week. Here's what a typical day consists of in case anyone is curious.
| Meal | Item | Cal | Fat | Protein | Carb |
| Breakfast | Vanilla Protein Drink | 110 | 4 | 15 | 3 |
| Snack | Cinnamon Pecan Dream Protein Bar | 160 | .5 | 15 | 16 |
| Lunch | Vegetable Spaghetti | 150 | 3 | 12 | 21 |
| Snack | Chocolate Covered Soy Snacks | 150 | 6 | 15 | 11 |
| Dinner | Chicken Pasta Parmesan | 200 | 3.5 | 17 | 26 |
| Snack | Cappuccino | 90 | 1 | 15 | 4 |
| DAILY TOTAL | 860 | 22 | 89 | 81 |
The serving sizes are much smaller than what I used to consume prior to starting this plan. I seriously doubted that I would be satisfied, but all the protein helps the body feel full. It's true.
I've rambled enough for now. I hope you all are doing well.
Let's keep rockin'!!
♥ Dottie
7 comments:
You are doing fantastic! I'm so happy for you! :)
WOW, congrats on the amazing loss this week!!!
You are kicking some serious butt Dottie! Congrats on another great loss!!
Wow...you're doing great!!! Keep up the great work and keep sharing your sucesses with us!
Thanks for stopping by my blog! Congrats on the awesome job you have been doing!! 26lbs is amazing!
You are doing awesome! Isn't it amazing how big a difference just 26# makes? Congrats!
Wow Dottie - you are doing absolutely wonderful - congratulations on that big loss! It's great to hear that your metabolism is waking up and the pounds are falling off. Glad you like the stability ball . . . I have fun with mine too.
Post a Comment