Thursday, February 26, 2009

Week 4 Update


Yay! I made my first goal of getting to 380 (or below). I weighed in at 375.8 which equates to a 5.2 lb. loss for the week! I was so thrilled! I did exercise a little more than normal. I actually attended an exercise class this past Sunday. That is a very big step for me. I've been doing so well. I did deviate on Sunday. We had ginger-glazed Mahi Mahi. YUM!! I had never had Mahi Mahi before and found a recipe for it and thought we'd give it a try. I'm so glad I did. It was easy to prepare and tasted so wonderful. Pretty low in calories and fat and high in protein. It had the makings of the perfect dinner.

These last few days, I have been feeling rather optimistic and confident that I'm finally on the path to success! It feels great! By the end of May (my birthday), I'd really like to have lost about 40 lbs.

I've decided too that I'm going to put away $5 per pound of weight that I lose. I'll plan on spending the savings on new clothes or something fun! So far I've lost a total of just over 18 lbs. That rocks!!

I wish you all continued success on your plan. May you have a wonderful week!

♥ Dottie

9 comments:

Ria said...

Hi Dottie --

Congratulations on your success with your new program! The 17 week VLC plan sounds like a great way to jump-start your weightloss, and 18 pounds in 4 weeks is terrific.

Good for you for making it to the exercise class - I think it really helps a lot with weightloss. I found it hard in the beginning, but it really gets a lot easier the more you do it. I don't know about specific weight limits on exercise balls, but I know they make them in different sizes based on height. If you are interested in trying one out at home, you can find them for under $20. I have one made by Danskin - it seems very sturdy and I sometimes sit on it instead of a desk chair.

I sent you an invitation to my blog - welcome!

Jennifer Newman said...

Great Loss!!

And thanks for the love on my blog!

Keep on keepin' on!

<3Jen

Felicia said...

Congrats on your loss! Sounds like you are doing really wonderfully!!

Keep it up!
*huggles*
=0)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! 5 pounds is wonderful - keep up the great work!

Find my way back said...

Well done on the loss that is fantastic.

Betsey C. said...

Wow, 18 lbs! I'm jealous! What a great feeling, I'm so happy for you. You are going to feel so much better this spring and summer.

Anonymous said...

That's awesome, well done Dottie!

Chubby Chick said...

Wow! Congrats on the loss! You are doing great!

:)

Ria said...

Just dropping in to say hi - hope you had a good week!