Saturday, October 11, 2008

Good Day

It's a beautiful time of year (Autumn), the leaves are such beautiful colors and today it was in the 70's! Today was actually a pretty good day. My husband had to work, but I hung out with my two daughters. We started the day by cleaning the house. While I don't much like cleaning, I can get a few activity points for mopping the floor. I guess that's worth it. We had lunch at Subway. I tried the new Chicken Pizziola sub. It was okay. I just am not sure of the points level, but I guess high on it...close to the meatball sub probably? We then went to the music store and rented a bass clarinet for my 8th grader. She's been playing clarinet since 5th grade and is now going to try out bass. We then came home because tonight is my older daughter's homecoming dance. She needed to get ready. She is a sophomore. She did her own hair and everything. I'm so proud that she didn't feel a need to go spend big money to have some sort of up-do or whatever. Her date arrived on time...luckily he's not quite old enough to drive so they were chaperoned to the dance and we'll be picking them up afterward. And now.. I sit at the laptop browsing blogs and doing my own blogging. Oh, I also entered my meals for today on the weight watcher site. I love their e-tools. It does make it easier. I will say that I seriously lack in getting enough water in. I just don't seem to care for water a whole lot. I do drink the carbonated flavored waters...but I'm not sure if that would count since it's carbonated? It is zero points though and I like that. Because it's carbonated, it tricks me into thinking I'm drinking soda pop (a big downfall for me). I've been on Weight Watchers for a few weeks now. The first few weeks were actually kind of tough. Not because I at too much or anything, but just recording my points and all that. I had a hard time remembering to do it. And, the core plan that's offered (I wouldn't have to track anything)...just isn't for me. There are too many foods that I like and don't think I could give them up. At least with the flex system, I don't have to. It's all about moderation and I know I can do that.

I hope you all are doing well with your plans. I haven't been blogging in a while, but I'm on a mission to revive it. I think it is a very helpful tool in this journey of mine. Thanks to all who have been reading and the few that have actually been looking for me. I appreciate it.

With that, I'm off to visit others.

♥ Dottie

1 comment:

Lovebug6100 said...

Looks like you're doing great!! I'm glad you've found your way back to blog world!! Keep up the good work!