I had a doctor appointment today because I discovered a small lump on the surface of my skin on my shoulder. I also felt a small lump on the left side of my neck. Of course I was a bit nervous going to the doc so my blood pressure was slightly up from the last time I went. The doc said that the lump on my shoulder is a skin colored mole. The lump in my neck is a swollen lymph node. Because I had a problem with a tooth, she's figuring it's probably from that. She said everything was fine though. I learned too that the scales at the doctors office are 3 lbs. over what my scale says. I like my scale better. It's digital, has a bigger platform and a max capacity of 500 lbs. It's a Siltec. It's a much better scale than the ones in my doctor's office.
Please note, this is not a paid post. I'm just pointing out a product I use and enjoy. Thanks.
By the way, I'm sure you've read that I have 6 dogs and a cat. You can see the cat pictured with me on my profile. If you are interested in seeing pictures of my dogs, they can be seen on my other blog. Look in the right sidebar under My Dogs. Now you'd think that somebody with 6 dogs wouldn't have a weight problem. I have a dog to walk every day just about. Problem is... I actually have a decent sized fenced in yard - plenty of room for them to run. But, I am interested in trying some agility with my Jack Russell and losing weight will make that a whole lot easier.
Happy Fat Fighting.
♥ Dottie
10 comments:
Home scales that go up to 500lbs?? I've never heard of it!
I can't find electronic scales for my weight that don't cost a fortune :o/
I have some swollen lymph gland thingies too.
Great news from the doctor! You have two blogs? I can barely keep up with my one. I'll be heading over there to check out that one!
Erin
Hey Dottie -
I had to stop by and say hello because my nickname is Dottie. Queen Dottie, to be precise, but it's a long story!
Anyway, I'm glad you went to the doctor and that all is well. I like your scale better, too!
I'm glad everything went okay at the Dr.!
Hey, I'd go with what your scales...the Dr.'s office can be wrong. My family Dr's scales always say about 15 pounds less than I think I am. While I'd love to believe that, I just don't think it's true.
BTW, I ordered a new scale today, so I guess I'll soon find out!
I have the same Siltec scale, I quit using it once I dropped below 400 and switched. I found that the Siltec would give a different reading if I didn't stand in the exact same spot so just be sure you put your feet in the same place every time. I ended up putting little stickers on mine so I knew where to put my toes each time.
Keep up the great job!
Thanks for the tip on the scales. Mine only go up to 330 and I started at 326. My hubby is right at 400 though and I would love to be able to track his progress...
Hey Dottie. Happy to hear your Doc appointment went well. I had a lump that was a lymph node last year too. Scary when u don't know though. I hear you with the dog walking! I have a decent size yard too. I've gotten better though, and the dogs do enjoy going somewhere "new." I look forward to doing some fun canine stuff with mine too. I have a WeightWatches scale it goes up to 400lb and is pretty good for being consistant # no matter how far up or down you stand on it. My doc says I'm 4lb heavier too. Oh well..4lb's more is small compared to the amount I've lost. Keep up the good work!
I've already commented on this post, but I'd like to take a second to blog-whore...for lack of a better term...
Cammy over at http://tippytoediet.com/ is having a question/answer session open to anyone. Head on over to her blog and ask a question. Then I will have a q/a and I will pass it along!
Hey, wait a second... *my* doctor's scale is exactly 3lbs over what mine says too! Hmmmm. I smell conspiracy afoot. *wink*
I have two dogs.
Yours are adorable.
j
I find the scales at the YMCA by my house mess with my head too. I need a digital scale personally.. . the old one I have (with teh needle) is hard to read, and often off. Every week I think I didn't lose anything, and then BAM I do, but my home scale bounces in one week from 10 lbs up to 5 lbs lost... *sigh. I've given up taht battle.
Glad ot hear your lumps and bumps are okay. My uncle just discovered a cancerous lump in his neck... but it was removed. We're waiting on other results. I get so scared when Cancers involved... I'm SO happy you're okay:D
Post a Comment