Thursday, March 13, 2008

My List of Reasons

I've been talking about this for a few days and now... here it is. My list of reasons why I want to lose weight. They're in no particular order (except for the first couple).

  1. Improve my health.

  2. Be a better example for my kids.

  3. Reduce my Real Age.

  4. Possibly go off my blood pressure meds.

  5. Be able to shop at normal clothing stores

  6. Spend less money on clothes (clothes for this size cost so much more)

  7. Fit comfortably in a booth at a restaurant

  8. Fit in the stadium seats or theatre seats comfortably

  9. Wear women's shoes again... my wide feet are fat too forcing me to wear mens.

  10. Be able to walk in a room and not feel all eyes are on me because of my size.

  11. More confidence

  12. No more painful knees

  13. More Energy

  14. Be able to sleep better

  15. Be able to enjoy amusement parks

  16. Rid of the fear to attend certain functions.

  17. Fit behind the steering wheel of any car I want to drive.

  18. Fit comfortably in the passenger seat of others cars.

  19. Never have to fear the seat belts not fitting

  20. Fly in a plane if I so desired (probably not).

  21. Chance to live longer

  22. Enjoy life

  23. See my kids grow, marry, have babies

  24. See my grandkids someday grow.

  25. Be able to run again.

  26. Eliminate the fear of not being able to escape emergency if needed.

  27. Walk stairs quickly and without pain.

  28. I want to prove that it can be done and that I can do it

  29. To make my family proud

  30. To make me proud

  31. To take a dance class

  32. Not feel like a prisoner in my own body

  33. Be able to do agility training with my dog!



I know that there are probably more, but this is what I have so far. If I think of other things, I'll add them. It can really all be summarized into one ... Enjoy Life to the Fullest.

♥ Dottie

8 comments:

Trish said...

Amen to enjoying and living life to the fullest!

Great list! I can relate to so many of these!

Erin said...

I don't think my last comment posted. If it did ok, if not well here it is. Thank you for writing your list, it will help me in finishing mine!

Thanks for the comments!
Erin
http://marriedsinglemomof3.blogspot.com/

Felicia said...

What a wonderful list!! Thanks for sharing!!

*huggles*
=0)

Hanlie said...

Great list, Dottie! Put a copy on the fridge!

Chubby Chick said...

Great list! And I agree... it really can be summarized into "Enjoy Life to the Fullest!" And that's what we're going to do! :)

TitanThirteen said...

Very good. You forgot to add, "Have greater sex" lol

Natalie C. said...

Oh what a great idea to post on the fridge! I have a similar list on my blog, and I may just print that baby up and tape it to a wall somewhere. :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Dottie,

I just came up with my own "reasons why I want to lose weight" and posted it on Friday (you may have to click back to my May archive to be able to see it).

Best wishes,
Sharon